Chapter Nineteen: Fighting For My Life

Louis' Point of View:

Ten minutes.

Ten simple minutes was all it took.

Ten minutes was all it took for my entire world to come crashing down. 

Ten minutes was all it took for my heart to shatter.

Ten minutes was all it took for my world to stop spinning.

After those ten short minutes, nothing made sense anymore. Nothing at all.

How could she just wake up today and decide that it was over and that she didn't want me anymore? Sure, Harry said that she had a rough night and I was worried, but I never expected she would do something like this. And what did she mean by getting a girl that wouldn't cheat on me? Marcie didn't cheat on me. She wouldn't. Would she?

I knew that I should have gone with her, but she protested and I couldn't say no to her. I never could. She gave me excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't go, but I knew the real reason that she wanted to go alone. She knew that her mother would break her down, and she didn't want me to believe that she was right. Marcie should have known better. Marcie's mum couldn't be more wrong about her daughter.

I stared off into space and tuned out the hushed conversation around me. I thought about what all of this meant and what would happen next. Marcie had just left me. She had left me alone with a two, almost three, year old. How can someone just do that? This wasn't the Marcie that I knew.

A few minutes after the lads and I watched the video, a very angry Simon showed up at my door and demanded answers that I couldn't give. 

"She is releasing a new single in less than three days and she disappears off of the face of the planet." I hear Simon complain. The stress was clear in his voice.

"This isn't like Marcie. Why would she just up and leave?" Harry asked running a hand through his already messed up curls. These past few hours have been hard on us.

They're been the hardest on Lacey though. The look on her face when I told her that Marcie wasn't coming home this time made me honestly want to kill Marcie. How could she just hurt our daughter like that? How did she expect me to tell our daughter that she just didn't want her and abandoned her? How do you hurt someone so important to you like that?

"Daddy, mommy wouldn't leave me." I hear Lacey cry from my lap. She had been saying this same sentence over and over again, and she's breaking my heart.

"She didn't leave you, baby. She left me." I lied a little. 

I knew that the goodbye was mainly for my sake, but I knew that she was leaving Lacey, too. It was for the same reason, and I wanted to believe that Marcie had good intentions,  but it was really easy to hate Marcie right now. Actually, the only thing that I hated was that I didn't hate her at all.

Looking at all of the lads, I see the different emotions on all of their faces. Harry looked hurt and heartbroken, but he was trying to me strong for Lacey and me. Niall looked lost and distraught, tears were filling his blue eyes but he was blinking them away before they could fall. Zayn looked furious, but I could see the concern and worry in his eyes. Liam looked confused like he was running different calculations through his head and coudln't find the correct answer. Simon, well, Simon looked livid. He was obviously way past angry, but I could see the hurt in his eyes as well. He had grown fond of Marcie these past few weeks.

"Simon, get me on a flight to Greenland and I'll go after her." Harry pleads, as he blinks back his tears as well.

Lacey and I weren't even bothering. We both had tears freely streaming down our faces.