Unpredictable ~ Chapter 38.

Start from the beginning

I took a deep sigh, as guests began to make their way to the table.

A majority of the gifts were for Kureto, which wasn't too surprising however I didn't mind at all, I'd rather do without them; even so I did get a few gifts.

Then it was Mito's table's turn. Mito handed me an envelope,

"Here, its from all of us." She put her hands over mine in a comforting way,

"Thank you so much guys." I smiled brightly at them,

"How are you doing?" Sayuri asked,

"Alright I guess, but I miss you guys." I pouted,

"We miss you too, Y/N-kins." Goshi winked,

My pout turned into a frown of disgust, "Ew." we all broke out in laughter,

"You guys enjoy yourselves." They nodded at me and hesitantly walked back to their table.

"Forget about me?" I saw a small gift box being placed in front of me, and looked up to find Shinya,

"How could I forget about you?" I sighed,

He ruffled my hair, "It must be hard." He muttered silently,

"Hey, don't mess up my hair."

"Oh, so you are a girl..."

"Are girls the only ones who look after their image?" I raised an eyebrow at him,

He ignored my question, "That's from Shinoa, by the way. I contributed to the collective gift."

I knew exactly what it was, "Ah, I see. Thanks."

I rolled my eyes at the voice from besides me, "You've seen Shinoa?" Kureto tilted his head to the side curiously,

"You haven't? Woah, and you're actually related by blood."

"Didn't she run away with the demon kid?"

"Isn't that what you arrested me for?" Shinya furrowed his eyebrows,

Kureto chuckled, "Well you see, I can have you arrested again if you've been secretly meeting up with her."

"Oh is that so?" Shinya chuckled, "My apologies for not making it clear, I was actually sent a message to prepare this gift for Y/N in her name."

"Who was the message from?"

"It was anonymous, but I'm sure like me, you've assumed she sent it herself."

Kureto nodded,

"Well then, bye Y/N, it was nice seeing you today!" He beamed and returned to his table.

I huffed, feeling lonely again, however I felt a cold feeling against my thigh causing me to tense up,

"You have to look happy, you know?" Kureto said in a hushed tone beside me,

"Don't touch me." I hissed trying to move my leg away, although his grip didn't lessen,

"At least try and fool the guests if you hate this so much." He chuckled darkly,

"If you keep your hand on my thigh my facial expression will not change and possibly get worse." This seemed to amuse him more,

I winced as his grip tightened, "Haha, are you telling me what to do?"

"I'm no- you're hurting me!" I grabbed his wrist, he then finally seemed to release me,

I rubbed my thigh, I knew it was going to bruise. I shot him a glare which only he'd see before standing up, "Excuse me." I left the hall into what I assumed was some sort of lobby; there were two grand staircases which led up to more rooms. Although I had no clue as to where I was going.

As I attempted to navigate through the halls in an attempt to find the restroom, I found my mum walking towards the same direction I was going to,

"Ah, mother! Do you know where the bathroom is?" She seemed quite startled by my sudden appearance but replied calmly, nevertheless,

"Oh, up the stairs, dear and take a right. The signs should make it fairly clear." Her answer was quite rushed,

"Is everything going smoothly?" I asked, concerned,

"Oh yes, of course. Hurry back now, the food should be ready by the time you are done." She smiled rubbing my shoulder, before continuing about her merry day.

I shrugged, thinking the whole situation to be weird but I still went back to where I came from, this time taking the stairs and turning right as my mum had instructed, and as she said, the signs made it quite hard to miss.

I entered, surprised at how lavish it was for a bathroom open for frequent use, but then again it was expected as it was mostly the rich and fancy people who came here.

I entered a rather spacious stall and used my shoe to lower the toilet lid; I didn't trust the nice looking and pleasant smelling bathroom to not have germs I didn't want contact with.

I sat upon the lid of the toilet and slightly pulled up the hem of my skirt to examine my leg.

As I'd predicted there was slight discolouration from the bruise forming from Kureto. I cussed lightly, lowering my skirt again before standing up and fixing my dress. I washed my hands before exiting the bathroom.

The railing on the top floor overlooked the lobby; I stood staring blankly down at the area below, wanting space away from the eyes of others.

Not long after I was consumed in my thoughts I heard my mum's voice, she seemed to be conversing with someone else; I didn't want to seem nosey or be questioned on what I was doing, so I walked back to where there was a wall in order to hide myself.

The conversation seemed to be coming to an end as she was leading, who I found out was a man, out of the building.

He wore a regular suit and was rather tall, he also had black hair although that was all I was able to get from him as his back was to me. He still seemed too similar and I shook my head, dismissing the one person who came to mind.

"I shall see you tomorrow, then." They shook hands before he exited and that was when I emerged from out of my hiding spot and descended down the stairs.

She turned around to find me and smiled, "There you are, it's time we ate isn't it?"

I nodded, returning the smile, but I wasn't interested, I was interested on the man who my mum will be meeting tomorrow on the wedding day.