Unpredictable ~ Chapter 35.

-Y/N's POV-
For the past month Pip was spending more time with me whenever she could in order to try and distract me from the misery which was the arranged marriage; I'd usually crack a small smile, although my father and Kureto wanted the wedding to be as soon as possible, so the planning process was being sped up. I couldn't help but worry as doomsday approached at such an alarming rate.

The wedding was next month and so I had to go dress shopping with Kureto and Aoi, who was only there to supervise.

It seems I was only going for fitting as I wouldn't be choosing the dress, Kureto would- which I found to be absurd, I never knew this was how far arranged marriages could go.

"Miss L/N, we have arrived." I nodded and thanked the driver, stepping out of the car and walking into the bridal as fast as I could to keep the interactions with Kureto at the minimum,

"Someone's enthusiastic." He chuckled from behind me, his long strides keeping him closer than I'd desired,

I ignored him, rolling my eyes. He'd been provoking me a lot recently; he'd usually taunt me with the fact I was getting married against my will and the way he finally managed to separate me from Guren- just to yet again reiterate how the Hiragi's got whatever they wanted whether we liked it or not.

I entered the bridal with Kureto and Aoi on my tail as the staff greeted us, particularly him.

"Good afternoon, sir." One male employee bowed deeply as he addressed Kureto, "The room is ready for you, if you'll follow me, I shall take you to the fitting room." He hardly even glanced at me despite the fact that the dress was being tailored for me.

The cool demeanour the man held around Kureto led me to believe that he was not that afraid of Kureto as people usually are but instead ridiculously sexist for someone who worked for a business fashioned to serve mainly women.

We followed the man who escorted us there, he bowed again before closing the door after us as we entered the room; leaving us with a female member of staff.

The grand room we were in was very luxurious, a diamond chandelier glistened from the ceiling above us; a collection of formal dresses- mostly white- were hung neatly on racks, positioned against the walls of the room and next to the mannequins showcasing the most beautiful dresses.

I was, for some reason, particularly impressed by the dressing rooms, which had a fairly big cubicle accompanied by a silver bar, holding up a chiffon curtain, despite the sheer material it was rather opaque so I wasn't too worried about Kureto peaking- using that way anyway. Out of all the decor in the room, the dressing room was the most simple in contrast with the other fancy and obviously expensive furniture in the room, it was comforting as it somewhat took me away from the high expectations held up to me for being from a rich family.

The female assistant greeted us with a small bow and smile before briefing us about the dresses- I didn't pay much attention as it didn't concern me.

Kureto began strolling by the dresses which were on display.

"Aren't you going to join him?" The assistant nudged me quietly, I knew she must've found it odd that the groom-to-be was accompanying the bride-to-be while dress shopping, due to the common traditions.

I shook my head, smiling at her, "Nah." I replied informally,

"Oh, isn't it bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding." She pushed,

I cocked my head to the side, "It is?"

Of course I knew it was, and even though I wasn't very superstitious, I was currently willing to believe in anything which could mean Kureto's misfortune as it is my happiness after all, so I quite frankly hoped he got all the bad luck he could receive. I decided against expressing these type of thoughts to the assistant. I saw no good in getting punished for something as petty as bitching,

"I'm sure he'll be fine." I smiled at her, she nodded and returned the smile before excusing herself to leave the room after Kureto insisted that we'd be fine by ourselves.

I nearly gagged when I heard his voice, "Y/N, my love." He turned to me, "What about this dress?" He held up a white dress which was awfully revealing; it had a slit which revealed almost the entirety of the leg, possibly the underwear and it was tight fitting with long lace sleeves and showed a lot of cleavage.

"That's too promiscuous for a wedding dress don't you think?" I replied, bluntly,

"I don't think so, I'd love to show you off to our guests; I've even invited Guren, what's wrong you think he won't like it?"

He laughed, menacingly and I glared at him, "No. I don't like it." I retorted, angrily emphasising the 'I', "The dress is too indecent for a wedding. I'm already being forced into a marriage; I'd appreciate not looking like I'm going to a high school prom."

His laughter died down, "Alright, it seems you're taking this more serious than I am. Very well, I'll find something else."

I sighed in relief, genuinely glad that he reconsidered,

"However." He turned around and got closer to me, "You're going to have to learn how to watch that pretty mouth if we're going to get married." I held my breath as he lifted my chin to look up at him with his pointer finger and thumb.

I kept the frown on my face, and faked not being scared, although I was beyond frightened at what he could possibly do to me- to the point I was frozen in place.

He bent over so his lips were by my ear and the mere feeling of his close presence made me shiver in repulsion, "I'm glad that you've gotten more comfortable with me, but don't you think it's a little to comfortable?" He continued, "Remember who you're marrying." He finished before moving away and looking down at me.

My facial expression had mostly likely changed and given me away as he smiled at me in pride.

The tension was eased when the door opened and Aoi entered, I was rather surprised as I didn't notice her leave in the first place.

She cleared her throat, seeing Kureto with his hands on me although he didn't budge, she probably found it inappropriate herself but continued with whatever she came for,

"Master Kureto, your father has called and he's requesting your presence at the JIDA building, he would like you to come as soon as possible."

"Did he state why?" He moved his hands and turned to the dresses, seeming annoyed,

"He said that'll be discussed when you get there."

"Fine. We'll leave now. Please call Y/N's mother so she can assist Y/N with finding a dress. Today would be nice." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and headed for the door, although he stopped before exiting, "This may be the last time we'll see each other before you become a Hiragi." He smirked and left the room.

I wanted to cry, I slumped down on the couch in the middle of the room and waited for the tears to flow, but there were none. It was exactly how my mum described it and I was scared that I was beginning to get used to it.

-------------------------------
A/N: It's been too long I know and I'm sorry :(