Unpredictable ~ Chapter 36.

-Y/N's POV-
There were now 2 days left before the wedding.

I'd managed to remain somewhat calm during the past 2 months, however the reality of the situation was finally beginning to truly dawn on me and the panic was slowly creeping up on me.

Mother was responsible for organising the wedding, so she'd be choosing the venue, the menu, the decorations, the program and much more; with Kureto's input as well but from what I'd heard, he was mostly satisfied with the arrangements and made little changes.

Tomorrow was the day there'd be a dinner for other guests who would come to wish us well.

Then the day of the wedding was the day after that. The ceremony was going to be traditional, so I'd be wearing a kimono for this and it'd be taking place at a Shinto Shrine in Shibuya. Only family would be welcome to this, so my parents would be attending along with Tenri, Shinya, Shinoa and Seishiro. The modern wedding dress which we originally planned to get and I wasted my time being tormented by Kureto for was never bought, due to this sudden change.

Today I'd be meeting up with Mum for lunch, she wanted to converse with me properly before I'd leave to live with the Hiragi's.

I walked in to a small, yet cosy and elegant coffee shop, the comforting smell of coffee immediately filling my senses. I found my mum waiting already on a table for two and headed for her.

She nodded and gestured towards the till, indicating I should order first, my lips formed an 'O' as I understood and turned to the till.

I ordered a strong coffee, I'd been losing sleep to worrying about Kureto, which now left me quite lethargic.

"Miss, do sit down. One of our waiters will bring you your coffee." The employee who took my order said,

"Oh no, I can take my own coffee it's fine." I objected,

"Not to worry Miss, it's the way we run things here, please make yourself comfortable." They insisted,

I finally nodded, before joining my mother at the table,

"It's a rather nice cafe isn't it?" She commented,

I nodded in agreement, "You're right! Its elegant but also casual, never seen anything like it!"

"Yes. What did you order?"

"Just a coffee, feeling rather tired."

My mother frowned at me, "Have you not been sleeping?"

"Well no..." I muttered,

She sighed, "Poor thing." She placed her hands over mine, "I understand, and I know it's hard but please try and forget about him so you can sleep at least."

"As you said it's hard; you're aware of the weaponry we use in the army, right?" She nodded so I continued, "Even though Kureto has withdrawn me from the army, I still have a contract with the demon- I'm pretty sure mine is using this situation to it's advantage."

"In an attempt to possess you?"

"Absolutely, either by scaring me or tricking me to fall for it's deceptions. I either have to not go into a deep sleep or not sleep at all." I huffed,

A waitress came to my table with my order and placed it in front of me. I thanked her and she politely bowed her head before walking away.

I took a sip from the cup, distracting me from the looks of sympathy my mum gave me,

"I'll probably stop having the dreams once I get used to the marriage," I tried to reassure her,

"I hate to discourage you but it'll be hard for you to get used to the marriage. Assuming you don't you'll hate it so much that you'll just end up wallowing in depression and the feeling of entrapment. Surely, that'd make your demon behave a lot more worse, no?"

I guess you're right," I decided it'd be a good idea to ask her about the sudden change in wedding arrangements, "Oh, by the way Mother, I thought we'd be having a modern wedding, why has it been changed to a traditional one?" I tilted my head to the side,

She smiled, "Well, with a traditional wedding there'll be less people. I know how much you despise this marriage and so I thought it'd be less overwhelming if there were fewer people to witness your last moments." She said her tone growing more sarcastic as she reached the final bit of her reply,

I rolled my eyes, "Last moments?" I echoed, knowing where I get my humour from,

"I know you'll appreciate the presence of 50% of the attendees, right?"

"Yes I will thank you, the 3 of you witnessing my send off does bring me comfort." I referred to her, Shinya and Shinoa,

"Send off-" she chuckled, "I should hope so, darling."

She grew serious, "Listen, Guren Ichinose may decide to attend tomorrow."

"Kureto wasn't lying when he said he'd invite him- what a sadist." I huffed,

"I'd be surprised if he chose to, I personally wouldn't want to see the person I'm in love with being married off to the person I despise."

"You know he hates him?" I asked,

"Well, isn't it obvious. With the way the Hiragis have treated the Ichinoses, it's no surprise that he would." She thought for a moment, "My, in a way, history seems to be repeating itself don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes in curiosity,

"The tension between the two families hasn't always been there. Around 500 years ago, the Ichinose family was the top family serving the Hiragis. That was until both sons of the Hiragi family fell in love with the daughter from the Ichinose family; unfortunately for the first son, it was the second son who won her affection- and so, obviously enraged by this the first son castrated his brother and forced himself upon the daughter, impregnating her, causing the Ichinose family to break off from the Hiragi family."

"I'm assuming that's how the Order of the Imperial Moon was formed. Considering how powerful the Hiragi clan was then, surely they would've had the Ichinose clan killed?"

"Yes, but he decided against it and instead had them suffer, which even continues on today."

I understood now, and wondered why I never knew this, "Let's not say history is repeating itself, please." I shivered in disgust, not wanting to associate the horrendous past events with myself or Guren,

"You're right, it's quite a horrible event which we'd do best without." She smiled at me; changing the topic, "Drink up before it gets cold. That coffee is rather expensive you know?"