Unpredictable ~ Chapter 4.

-Y/N's POV-
Recently, I have had to cover Guren's class more often due to him being busy. He said they were meetings, this made me slightly suspicious.

Why were there so many meetings?
Most people in my position would try and find out what was going on, but I held no intentions. That would most likely end badly anyway.

Me and Sayuri had worked together to grade the tests and training and estimate which gear the students would get and today they would be receiving their results.

"...Please be aware that these results will affect which cursed gear rank you will be receiving." Sayuri stated as I handed back the tests.

Cries of satisfaction and grunts of disappointment were heard from across the room as the students began to share their results with their peers.

After distributing the sheets, I returned to the front of the classroom and sat on the teachers desk.

"Mixed-reactions, huh." Sayuri stated, absent-minded,

"Yup, well at least for most if not all of them their tests wont be going back to parents like mine." I sighed and swung my legs back and forth,

"Your parents are so scary Y/N-"

"WOAH! THIS IS AMAZING!" Shinoa exclaimed causing everyone to turn their attention to her, however when I saw the huge grin plastered on her face, I knew she was up to something, and of course I was right.

"OI! Shinoa, Give it back!" Yuu yelled, outraged as he began to give chase to the lilac haired girl who was laughing hysterically, running around the classroom.

"For crying out loud..." I rolled my eyes,

"Everyone has to see this...Only a super human can get this score!" She mocked,

"Yuu, didn't do very well on his test did he?" Sayuri asked,

"Nope, he didn't write it in Kanji either." I confirmed,

"Oh." Sayuri sighed, as the two weaved between students and tables.

Yuu was so determined to get his test back that he didn't even realise Shinoa releasing it on the closest table to her. A student picked up the test and began to snigger, letting his friends in on the joke.

Shinoa had stopped running and was showing her empty hands to Yuu when a student cried out, "WOAH! That is amazing!" Causing Yuu to whip around and me to mentally face-plant at the situation.

"He even wrote it in Hiragana!" Another student stated in mock awe causing the class to erupt into laughter and Yuu to snatch back his paper in embarrassment and fury.

I ignored the laughing and arguing between the students and decided to start a conversation with Sayuri instead.

"What are we going to do with these kids?" I grunted, and Sayuri chuckled,

"I have no answer for you there, I can barely handle them on my own." She shrugged,

"Guren is going to impale us with his katana if he enters, right now." I shivered at the thought,

"Well maybe if you done your job properly, that wouldn't be necessary." I froze at the new voice,

"For fuc-"

"ALL YOU BRATS SHUT THE HELL UP!" He yelled causing me and Sayuri to jump in surprise.

"Just us? Maybe everyone in the room!" Sayuri squeaked in a hushed voice.

"I'll impale the brats, don't worry though you two will get something more special." His low tone sent a shiver down my spine and I could tell Sayuri was close to shitting herself.

"My apologies Lieutenant Colonel Ichinose."

"Calm your tits, geez."

We both said at the same time and Sayuri gave me a look saying I was playing with fire.

I felt Guren's eyes burning holes into the back of my head.

"My office when you're done."

"Nope."

"I wasn't giving you a choice."

"I don't care."

"Suit yourself." He sounded relaxed and I turned around to see if he was and surprisingly he seemed to be, however I knew this wasn't the end of it.

"What's with all the racket...again." He finally addressed the class.

"Oi idiot Guren, I'm still waiting on that weapon, y'know." Yuu yelled from the back with his head pressed against Kimizuki's in a challenging manor.

"Oh really." Guren seemed to think for a while before a large grin spread across his face and his hand grazed his katana. I gave him a look knowing what he was about to do.

"Lieutenant Colonel, that isn't a very good idea..." Sayuri began but he ignored her.

"Since you insist, but if you die...blame it on yourselves for not studying hard enough." And with that he unsheathed his sword, instantly a dark aura was released into the classroom. The cries of demons filled my ears and the sight was terrifying, although it had no affect on me.

I stood and leaned back casually against the board with my arms crossed, this was boring.

I looked around to see: Sayuri who was clutching on to two spell tags for dear life, Guren holding his katana observing the class intently despite knowing the obvious outcome, alarmed students either collapsing to the ground or panicking and clutching their chests as if their hearts we being torn out of them.

It was all quite terrifying.

After a few minutes of watching everyone else's torment, Guren decided enough was enough and sheathed his katana, the gloomy, purplish aura cleared leaving the room a wreck and the lights flickered back on. I was surprised they could still work.

"That went well." I stared down at the unconscious bodies on the floor and cringed in sympathy.

Guren ignored me and seemed to be thinking intently, I looked towards where he was staring at and to my shock: Kimizuki and Yuu still remained standing, barely surviving the torture, Shinoa was standing with an amused, smirk on her face and yoichi stood looking confused and completely unfazed by the whole situation as well.

"So we have survivors?" I raised an eyebrow,

"Indeed, we do..." Guren agreed, "I wish you'd passed out." He acknowledged the grinning Shinoa.

"As expected from someone of the mighty Hiragi family...what a turn off."

"Aw, come on. I'm way too cute!" She giggled,

"Bullshit." He rolled his eyes and looked at me, "And you Y/N, I'm surprised. You even stood around looking bored, but maybe that's because someone of the L/N family has seen something way more interesting."

"Ha, are you forgetting the fact that I have the same weapon type as you?" Now it was my turn to roll my eyes,

"Whatever, are you guys coming or what?"

"Going where?" Yuu spoke up,

"To form a contract with your demon of course."

"I've got to clean your mess, so you guys have fun. You got this." I said relaxed,

"Suit yourself, oh and don't think I have forgotten the deal."

"I told you, I'm not going."

"We'll see about that." Guren turned away to follow the bustling children and I turned to the mess in front of me

I have a lot of work to do.