Chp 6: Goodbye Mai

SHIMO'S POV
We rehearse as much as we can before the semifinals start. We go on the stage third. We stop rehearsing our dance and stretch to increase our flexibility. We watch all the dances before us and they were all amazing. "Oh Ms Todoroki was the one dancing before us. Wait how is that fair??" I asked. "I dunno but we cannot beat her." Mai replied.

We brought other costumes too for the dances and the one we're using is a mini skirt tutu with black and blue gradient ribbons down the side. We are also wearing black gloves, gold ballet shoes and a necklace.

The song we're dancing to is 24K magic because its for contemporary

The song we're dancing to is 24K magic because its for contemporary. We're gonna be using complicated moves, technique and hope and panic to get through this.

The announcer introduces us and we start dancing. It goes pretty smooth but I almost lost my grip on Mai while holding her up in the air which would have ruined everything. For the finale Mai included cartwheels and backhand springs to make it interesting.

"That wasn't too bad. I just hope it was enough to get us into the finals." I say. "Yeah true although I felt your hand slip when you were holding me up." Mai replies. The last dance was not as good but the finale left me breathless.

We didn't end up getting into the finals but we came third and Five of Fire won the 5000 yen and dancers of the year. Ms Todoroki came second and she got some gift cards and discounts to multiple ballet stores and restaurants whereas me and Mai got free ballet leotards and pointe shoes. I didn't mind getting free stuff I was actually happy because mum said that I'd have to wait until she was paid to get new shoes.

We finish eating our snacks and then packed our bags and costumes. The tutus made it really hard to stuff them in the bag. We took so many selfies because this is the last time we'll see each other. When we came out of the hall and in the carpark Momo ran to us in tears and then we all started crying. Our mothers took a picture of us and then one when we are smiling with tears still running down our faces. We all agreed to have a party in Mai's house with all our friends. Even Ms Todoroki hugged and said goodbye to her because Mai loved her too.

We all go to her house and we eat as much of her favourite food as we can and watch all her favourite movies. All the boxes are packed up for them to leave tomorrow and all that's left is the sofa and the TV. Mai's room is blank and empty. We all tried to keep up high spirits but in the end we snapped and cried our eyes out.

When me and Momo and all our friends had to go home, we    all took a picture together to treasure it. And then when I'm in the car I keep waving at her until she's out of sight. I would have cried more but I ran out of tears.

When arriving at home, I hang up all my costumes in my wardrobe. Then I run downstairs and print off 3 photos. One with me and Mai, another with me, Mai and Momo and the last with all of our friends. I put them up in my room to never forget today. Tomorrow is my first day at UA and I cannot wait. My uniform is freshly ironed and my bag is packed. I just want the night to be over with.

~~~~next morning~~~~

I  am up and early to look my best and get ready into my uniform. I forgot to mention that I have picked out my hero costume and it is the complete opposite of you would expect from someone who has air and water for they're quirk. I go downstairs and mum and Hamari have made breakfast which is pancakes.

Walking to UA wasn't too bad. I see Midoriya and Todoroki along the way. When I get to my class the first thing I see is that the door is massive! Three students are talking in the doorway and I come and try to find Momo. One of the three students stop me and say," So what's your name? You need to introduce yourself sooner or later." The boy asked. "I'm Shimotoki Takahashi and OH THERE YOU ARE I WAS SO WORRIED WE WERE IN DIFFERENT CLASSES!" I yell to Momo. I didn't realise Midoriya was in the doorway and the blue haired boy was the one who spoke out in the hall before the exam.

"If your just here to make friends then you can pack up your stuff now." A voice said. I looked towards the door and didn't see anyone so I walked to the doorway and saw a man in a yellow sleeping bag on the floor. "Welcome to UA's hero course." He unzipped his sleeping bag and drank a fruit pouch. "What is that thing?" I ask. He tells us that rational students would have known not to waste time. He gets out of his sleeping bag and announces he's our teacher. WHAT! But he looks like he came off the street! He tells us to put another uniform on and then we go outside.

Turns out we have a quirk assessment test on our first day! A spiky blonde hair boy called Bakugo goes first and ends up with 705 metres. Mr Aizawa tells us that whoever gets last place is expelled immediately. BUT ITS OUR FIRST DAY! I hate him already.