Final Chapter: Just Don't Ask

A/N: Before you read this, I'd just like to thank everyone who read this story. I loved writing it, and it means a lot to me that you guys loved reading it. -Jason

P.S check out my chapter "Dancing in The Dark" in my Jondami week 2019 entry story if you wanna see the alternate tragic version of how this story ends. Also check out the chapter before that for some context.

Damian Wayne watched as the cloak of night took over the sky, drowning the darkness in a sea of stars.

"Nightfall." Normally, Damian loved this time of day. He was at element, but not tonight. Tonight he felt anything but comfort.

He wasn't sure if he was prepared, he wasn't sure if he was ready to face them. To know what they think, to let them know about how he fell in love with his best friend. To know who'll support them and who'll drive them apart.

Damian let out a wistful sigh before turning away from the window, his eyes resting on the boy in front if the mirror, hopelessly trying to buckle his slacks.

"Mmmnn.. Dami! Can you help me with this?" Jon called out to his boyfriend, sticking out his tongue ever so slightly to better focus.

Damian felt a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, reminding himself he was going to do this not just for him but for his boyfriend, for Jon, for his Superboy and he'd be damned if he was going to let cold feet stop him.

"TT. Seriously Kent? Still need someone to dress you?" Damian teased playfully, making his way towards his boyfriend. "Wait- Jon relax, you're going to rip it."

"No.. I just need- to fix- this stupid-" Jon was cut off as both boys heard the distinct sound of fabric tearing.

"Haha- whoops?" Jon asked more than said, as he looked at Damian.

Damian rolled his eyes "For most people, ruining one's suit a few hours before a ball would be disastrous. Thus most people are careful with their formal dress." Damian said, walking past Jon.

"Hey! Most people have like- super strength and stuff!" Jon shot back, dropping his ruined slacks to the floor.

"However, most people don't have a Wayne for a boyfriend." Damian said confidently, opening his wardrobe revealing a plethora of formal wear, ranging from Burberry tuxedos to Valentino suits.

"Woahhhh! Dami- why do you have so many uhm suits and stuff?" Jon asked.

"Me and my father's countless public appearances outside of costume requires me to have that many." Damian answered. "Now, take your pick."

"Wait- you mean..?" Jon asked, walking closer.

"Yes, now hurry up. We're going to run late." Damian said, gesturing for his boyfriend to choose.

Jon sifted through the numerous suits before settling on a white Polo Ralph Lauren three-piece Tux with a black waistcoat. In sharp contrast to Damian's own Black Kiton Tux.

"Hm." Damian hummed, surprised.

"What?" Jon asked, putting it on.

"I'm surprised you picked something decent. I was worried you'd choose a red Hawaiian shirt or something." Damian teased.

"Dami! You don't have a red Hawaiian shirt here." Jon exclaimed, gesturing at the wardrobe.

"Hm. Touche." Damian said, smirking and pinching his boyfriend's cheek. "Now come on, I'll help you get dressed."

"I mean- I can do it myself.." Jon said.

"Can you though?" Damian raised a brow, as he watched Jon attempt to put on the waistcoat like a pair of boxers.