Chapter 4: I Have To Do It.. Again??

(A/N: This chapter takes place around the same time as chapter 3, as in before Jon invites damian to the amusement park. So yeah, just wanted to clear that up. -Jason)

Jon pressed his cheek against the glass window of the bus, of course he could always fly home but today.. well, today superboy didn't exactly feel very super.

Jon let out a woeful sigh as he stared out the window, watching the sky turn a warm reddish-orange as the began to set.

"Damian... what'd I do to make you hate me..?" Jon couldn't figure out what he could have done to anger Damian to the point of sending him out.

Jon spent the trip back to Metropolis trying to figure out what he could have done to anger his best friend.

"Maybe it was when I ate his half of the sub..?" Jon paused for a few seconds, standing up as he made his way off the bus. Jon got off and thanked the bus driver before continuing his train of thought. "Mmn.. looking back, I guess it was kinda weird why the side I was eating was so... un-meaty. Wait, is that a word?" Jon asked no one in particular as he walked up the short steps.

"Pretty sure it isn't, champ" a voice spoke, causing Jon to jump and quickly turn around.

"But hey, when has that ever stopped you, right kiddo?" Clark said, ruffling his son's hair.

Jon let out a sweet giggle as his father ruffled his hair before he pushed his dad's hand away.

"Hey dad, uhh sorry I'm a bit late today." Jon said, looking up at his father.

Clark cocked his cheek to the side in thought before smiling and placing his hand on Jon's shoulder.

"That's alright, kiddo. Let's just head inside before your mother gets home." Clark said, letting out a chickle before the father and son entered their modest home in the apartment complex.

"So Jon, I-" Clark was cut off by Jon

"Alright dad! Love you! Bye!" Jon said, flying to his room and slamming the door shut before diving under his covers.

Clark raised a brow at his son but chose to ignore it, writing it off as just Jon acting funny again. He picked up the remote and switched the tv on as he placed his legs on the foot rest.

A few hours passed and Lois was already home making dinner as Clark sat at the dinner table sipping a cup of coffee.

Lois raised a brow at the direction of Jon's room before speaking. "Clark, honey, could you check on Jon? He's been in his room all evening. Tell him to get ready for dinner."

"Huh? Oh yeah, ok." Clark said, leaving his mug on the table as he made his way to Jon's he room.

*knock knock knock*

"Hey, Jon honey? Its time to eat" Clark called out to his son, receiving no answer.

"Jon? I'm coming in, ok?" Clark said and pushed the door open, seeing his son fast asleep on his bed.

"Aww.." Clark went, as he watched his son sleeping peacefully.

He stepped closer but cracked something on the floor, making him raise a brow. Kneeling down, he picked up one of the broken pieces. Despite the lights being switched off in Jon's room, superman could still see the crayon.

He was about to stand up when noticed the countless papers scattering the floor. Not needing to move any closer he could see that many of them had words written on them in blue or green crayon with red Xs on them.

Noting they were a bunch of reasons his could have annoyed Damian he let out a sigh before floating over them and gently placing his feet back onto the floor when he was at Jon's bedside.

"Jon.?" He said lightly patting his son's shoulder.

A groggy groan was all Jon said in return.

"Jon, mind scooching over so I can sit?"

"Mmn.. fine.." Jon said, sitting up in bed, letting out a yawn before moving slightly.

"Thanks, son." Clark said, sitting near the edge of his son's bed, causing it to dip slightly.

"So.. Jon, mind explaining these?" Clark said, placing the papers on Jon's blankets so he could see them.

Jon's eyes shot open grabbing the papers.

"Oh! Haha.. these..? They're just uh.. uhh.." clark cut him off.

"Son.. you know if you need advice you could always just talk to me or your mom, right?"

"Yeah.."

"Good" clark smiled at his son.

"So mind telling me what's going on between you and Damian?

Jon, reluctantly met his father's gaze and sighed.

"I don't know, Dad.. I think Damian might be mad at me? But I can't figure out why." Jon said, sadness in his voice.

"Mmmn.. what makes you think he's mad? I mean, Damian's kinda like his father like that, you know? Always.. kinda mad?" Clark said, lightly punching his son on the arm to lighten the mood.

"I know that dad, but I mean its different." Jon said, as bluntly as he could.

Clark's look softened, seeing his son was genuinely worried.

"Mmn, ok then maybe its not what made him angry.. maybe you should figure out how to make him forgive you" Clark said.

"But how do I do that?" Jon asked.

"Well, what normally works? Anything that he finds fun or calms him down?"

"No, well I don't know.." Jon admitted.

"Come on Jon, there has to be something tha-" clark was cut off by Jon.

"Wait! There is.. uh.." Jon said, remembering the night that Damian- "Yeah! There's something!"

"That's great Jon, so now all you have to do is do it again" Clark said.

"A-again..?" Jon asked

"Of course, if you wanna make him feel better." Clark said

"Alright! I'll do it!" Jon said, standing up in bed. "For my best friend!"

"That's great, sport. And remember, the sooner you do it the better. Now let's head downstairs and get some dinner." Clark said, standing up.

"Alright dad, but.. uhm. Could I meet Damian later?" Jon asked his father.

"Mmmmn, I don't know Jon. Its pretty late" Clark said, looking down at his wrist watch. "Plus all the buses Gotham are packed"

Jon simply crossed his arms at his dad a playful look on his face as he began to float above his bed. "Pretty please dad?"

Clark sighed, rubbing his eyes.  "Alright, but after dinner. I'll head downstairs, alright kiddo?"

"Ok dad, I'll follow in a few!" Jon said as his dad closed the door.

Jon's gaze shifted to his phone, reaching for it. He went to contacts then pressed the call button and placed it near his ear, after around 4 buzzes he heard an all too familiar voice speak.

"What is it, corncob?"

A/N: Heyo! Jason here, if you enjoy my work, please consider sending me a donation! It really motivates me to keep on writing, even just 1 dollar means a lot.

Or, if you'd like a fully personalized story we can work that out too. Starting at just 5 dollars you can tell me what type of story you'd like, and I'll make it for you, updates once a week. Just send me a message on here or telegram, after the donation has been confirmed we can talk about your story.

Paypal: JasonPfur43@gmail.com