Chapter 6: Misconceptions

Damian made his way out of the bathroom, his eyes scanned the area trying to find Jon, spotting the boy's messy hair a distance away from him, sitting at one of the many benches near the edge of the dock, facing the gotham bay area.

"Just.. keep it under control." He said, before making his way towards Jon.

Jon was facing away from Damian, and Damian was more than thankful for it. He wasn't sure what he'd do if he had look at Jon's sweet smile, the sparkle in his eye, the way his messy hair allows the wind to dance aimlessly between the strands.

Steeling his nerve, he called out. "Corncob, you done ogling the waves or do i have to wait another hour before i can finally eat?" He said in as casual a voice as he could muster. Dreading the risk to be enamored once more by Jon's effortless charm

"Mmn?" Jon hummed, turning to Damian. His brows raised slightly, remnants of the chocolate adorning his lip and chin. "Oh sure! Where to next?"

"Jon.. you err, you have something on your.."Damian gestured to his general lower face, having a quizzical look on his face as he spoke.

"Oh uhm-" Jon said, before licking his face. "Is that better?" Jon asked, smiling at Damian.

"TT. You disgust me." Damian said, rolling his eyes. Before sighing. "Here, let me do it." He said, walking around the bench, Jon moving the duck stuffed toy to the so Damian could sit.

"I swear, sometimes hanging out with you feels like babysitting a 6 year old." Damian said mockingly, taking out some napkins he kept in his pants. Jon stuck his tongue out at him before Damian began to wipe away the brownish mess.

"TT. Stop fidgeting." Damian commanded.

"But I'm not fidgeting" Jon complained.

"TT. You just did." Damian rolled his eyes, causing Jon to sigh.

"There. We're done." Damian said, tossing the used up papers into a nearby garbage bin.

"Thanks Damian" Jon said, a wide toothy smile adorning his lip.

"Oh wait, I missed a spot." Damian said, eyeing a slight hint of brown at the edge of Jon's lips.

"TT. I'm out of tissue." Damian said causing Jon to giggle.

"Wouldn't be the first time~" He teased.

Damian fought back the blush Jon's joke threatened to bring to his cheeks. In truth, Damian has.. 'ran out of tissue' a number of times while thinking of the boy sitting beside him. "TT. Grow up." He mocked back, rolling his eyes.

"Why not just use your thumb?" Jon asked.

"What? No. Why can't you clean your face up for once and stop acting like a child?" Damian said, his insult coming out slightly more hurtful than he anticipated. A look of worry nearly flashed on his face before Jon mocked back.

"Didn't you tell me something about finishing what you start?" Jon said, crossing his arms, an adorably smug look on his face.

"Yes, but-"

"Ah. Ah. Ah. Is that Damian Wayne going back on his word?" Jon crossed his arms over his chest and said in a voice that almost sounded teasing yet still to sweet to be, or well- at least that's what Damian thought.

Damian had a look of annoyance on his face before giving in. "Fine." He said closing his eyes and seemingly sighing in annoyance. When in truth the son of the bat was steeling his nerves, he's never exactly held Jon's face with his bare hands except for training.. and well, he was dreading exactly what reaction his blasted hormones would play on him.