Chapter 7: Heist

Robin and Superboy were, once again, out on patrol. The dark cloak of night gripped onto the sky, as the sea of stars it had was dwarfed by the lights of the city.

It was a night, not unlike any other for the supersons- except for one glaring exception.

"You know you can hold my hand, and stuff on patrol.. right?" Superboy asked the son of the bat who was currently bent on one knee, looking through a night vision visor.

"Shut it, Kent." Damian paused "You're a big enough liability as it is, doing that would impede our progress." Damian continued.

"I mean.." superboy began, staring down at Damian, rubbing the tip of his shoe on the concrete roof the pair were situated on. "I know you want to." Superboy continued.

"TT. What?" Damian asked, face still glued to the visor. "How could you possibly assume that?" He asked.

"I can hear your heart beat, remember? Whenever I get close to you" Jon began, taking a step closer to Damian and resting a hand on his shoulder. "It speeds up." Jon paused before speaking again. "Also, you've kinda been glancing at me, literally all night~" Jon teased

Damian let out a shakey breath, fighting the blush of embarrassment that threatened to break out onto his face before lowering the visor.

"Could you." He paused rising to his feet "Lay off the teasing, just for now, farmboy?" Damian continued, trying to come off strong but by now Jon could read him like a book; an angry, angsty, overly serious book that was written partially in arabic but a book nonetheless. He recognized Damian's words as a plea, he couldn't stay focused.

Jon sighed, a sweet smile finding its place on his lips. "Later then?" He asked.

Damian relented and admitted "y-yeah. Later.." he stuttered "If that's what you want of course." He reiterated.

*BOOM*

The sound echoed throughout the night, breaking the silence. Damian and Jon looked towards the source of the explosion, seeing smoke rising from the Gotham Merchant's Bank.

Damian and Jon exchanged a brief nod before the Supersons dove into the action once more.

Robin landed gracefully on one knee, his cloak spread out before he stood up, mimicing a demon of the night materializing from nothing. Superboy landed hard right next to him, breaking the pavement with his impact before hovering a few inches off the ground, displaying the 'S' on his chest.

Robin raised a brow at him "Must you damage public property everytime you make an entrance?" Robin asked his partner.

"What? At least I make an entrance." He shot back as what looked like beings constructed from plant matter began pouring out of the building towards them.

Superboy dodged several swings made by the creatures, weaving between hits. "Ivy's work?" He asked

"Definitely seems like it." Robin said, blocking a kick one of the creatures threw at him, before countering and snapping it.

*CRACK*

"Wait!" Jon said, grabbing one of them and pulling off some of the plant matter on what seemed to be its face.

"Robin! These people are infected by Ivy's spores! Don't hurt them!" Jon pleaded

"Mnng. A little hard to do when they're basically clawing at you." Damian said, before striking three of them with a back kick, sending them tumbling backwards.

"Any ideas on how to stop them without hurting them?" Superboy asked his partner, holding back around 17 of them at once.

"You could." Robin weaved through a punch, sweeping the legs of one of the infected. "Freeze them." He suggested

"Oh yeah!" Jon said, attempting to blow out freezing cold air from his lips before getting punched in the face.

Robin sighed and visibly face palmed, grabbing a handful of balls from one of his belt pouches and throwing them at the victims, immobilizing them in a sticky goo that quickly hardened.

"There." Robin said, offering his partner a hand to stand up. "Now let's go get Ivy." He said as Superboy took his hand.

The pair entered the building and saw Harley Quinn frolicking through the halls, her signature bat in one hand, an smg in the other. Ivy sat on a chair of vines as her lackeys grabbed bags of money.

"Oh great its the wonder-bitches." Damian chimed, grabbing their attention.

Harley gritted her teeth and scowled.

"Oh look, its the superbrats." She spat, before spotting something peculiar.

"OOOH! LOOK, ITS THE SUPERBARTS!" She squealed.

Robin raised a brow at her "What are you-" he was cut off by an ecstatic Harley running towards her girlfriend.

"Red! Red! We have to go now!" Harley demanded.

"What are you going on-" Harley interrupted her by tugging her off the vines and frantically pointing at the two boys before them.

Ivy's eyes went wide for a split second before she smirked.

"Oh, I see" Harley turned to her "Do you remember our first night out~?" She giggled.

Damian's eyes went wide as he looked down and saw he was still holding onto Jon's hand.

"WAIT- WE'RE NOT- I'M NOT- HE'S NOT-" Damian let go of Jon's hand and started blurting out nonsense until he was cut off by Ivy.

"Look, kid. Your secret's safe with us." She said, walking towards them.

"Yeah! We won't tell anyone" Harley Chimed in, giving the pair a thumbs up and a smile.

"Now scurry off, me and gorgeous over here will wait patiently for the cops in front of the bank." Ivy said

"Wait you will?" Jon asked confused.

"Yup! We will!" Harley said, sitting down at the steps of the bank looking out at the street expectantly, her hands already in the position to be cuffed.

"Robin?" Jon looked at Damian expectantly.

"Yeah. They will." Damian concluded.

A smile began to tug at the edges of Jon's face.

"Patrol over?" He asked.

Damian nodded "patrol over." He said.

Jon's smile widened rejoicing in the fact that he could finally relax "Yay! See you on the roof!" He said, flying off.

Damian was about to shoot his grapling hook when Harley chimed in.

"Good pick, birdboy! He's a hot tamale hachahcha~" She teased.

"....Thanks." Damian said as he shot his hook off and vanished into the night

"Try not to break him on the first go!" She called out to him.

A/N: Heyo Jason here, wow early chapter. Shocking I know, but i just love Damijon so much! Anywho, expect another chapter tomorrow. I'd write it now but I'm too tired. So you know. Also, I'm going to say it now. Next chapter's going to have smut. So yeah. Hope you enjoy! -Jason

A/N: Heyo! Jason here, if you enjoy my work, please consider sending me a donation! It really motivates me to keep on writing, even just 1 dollar means a lot.

Or, if you'd like a fully personalized story we can work that out too. Starting at just 5 dollars you can tell me what type of story you'd like, and I'll make it for you, updates once a week. Just send me a message on here or telegram, after the donation has been confirmed we can talk about your story.

Paypal: JasonPfur43@gmail.com