Chapter 2: Cave Training

~Third Person P.O.V~
"TT. You're late, Kent. Again." Damian said, a single bead of sweat dripping down the side of his cheek as he heard the entrance to the batcave open followed by a pair of superfeet rushing down the stone steps, opting to not look away from the 3 sparring bots he was currently training with.

Jon was late again, third time this week so Damian decided he'd start the training early rather than wasting another hour waiting for his partner to show up.

"Y-yeah, sorry sorry!" Jon said, dropping his bag haphazardly onto the floor, unzipping his hoodie and dropping it on his bag.

"Kathy needed help stuff, and things.. and I kinda lost track of time so like, uhm-" Jon said, as he turned to Damian seeing him gracefully flip over robots striking the three of them from behind as they collapsed to the floor.

"TT. This isn't a barn, farmboy. Try not to leave your things lying around" Damian said, looking down at his white handwraps, adjusting them as he stepped over the training bots, walking towards Jon.

"Whoops, my bad. Haha.." Jon said, blushing embarrassed. He bent down to pick his things up but didn't notice the zipper was open, papers, pencils, a water bottle and other belongings spilling out.

"Whoops..?" Jon let out an innocent giggle as Damian rolled his eyes.

"TT. I'll be back in 5, be ready by then, superbaby." Damian said, walking off towards another corridor, disappearing from view thanks to the intricate layout of the batcave.

"Oh.. okay" Jon said, letting out a sigh feeling upset that he disappointed his best friend. He bent down and continued to pick up his things.

"Lighten up kid, don't let let my little brother's words cut you too deep" A voice said, shaking Jon from his thoughts. Searching for the source of the voice, he saw Dick, the first Robin in his black and blue skintight outfit leaning against the metal railings of one the platforms above him.

"He's got a sharp tongue, but he's a good kid. He cares a lot about us, you know?" He said, flipping over the balcony's railing and gently landing in front of Jon, showing off his acrobatic prowess. A cool, brotherly smile on his face.

"Even me?" Jon asked, looking up to Dick

Dick let out a laugh, ruffling Jon's hair causing the younger male to giggle.

"Especially you." He said, with a knowing wink. Jon opened his mouth to speak but Dick cut him off. "Now let's clean this up before demon spawn gets back" he said before Jon could ask hin any questions.

Jon nodded, a bright and warm smile finding its place on his lips as the two began to pick up Jon's things.

Damian made his way back to the training platform, a large water bottle filled with chocolate milk in one hand, and two white towels draped over his shoulder.

"Alright Jon, let's get started with today's traini-" Damian paused, seeing Dick and Jon talking to each other.

Dick flashed him a smile "Hey, Damian" sending him a friendly wave.

Damian barely nodded in acknowledgement "Grayson." He said coldly as he made his way towards Jon "You do know that-"

Dick cut off his younger brother, "Yeah yeah, don't worry, little D. I was just about to head out, I'm not going to interrupt your alone time with Jon." Dick said playfully ruffling superboy's hair.

"TT. Whatever, just go." Damian said, annoyed.

"Alright, just make sure to keep an eye on him alright?" Dick said, heading towards his cycle.