Chapter 15: Mommy Issues

The coming of nightfall brought darkness that shrouded the skies of Metropolis in an eerie gloom, something far more commonly seen in Gotham.

Jon was fast asleep in his bed, all snug, rolled up in burrito blanket. The blanket was no Damian, not even close to the boy's tight embrace, but it was good enough.. at least until next they meet.

He would have slept all night if it weren't for a handsome young masked (not at all) stranger knocking on his window.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING ALONE?!" Jon practically shouted, not caring the least bit about his neighbours. Luckily his parents were both away.

Damian plugged his ear with a finger, squinting slightly at the boy's sudden outburst.

"TT. Could you keep it down? You're deafening me." Damian said.

"The heck I will!" Jon shot back

"*Hell." Damian corrected

Jon scrunched his nose in irritation and cleared his throat. "THE HELL I WILL LET YOU GO FACE HER ALONE." Jon shouted even louder than before.

Damian squinted before letting out a sigh, he sat down on Jon's bed.

"Look, Jon." He began "the league of assassin's.. they're bad news."

"So what?! I'm literally invulnerable." Jon said, standing in front of Damian, still wearing his Pajamas.

"TT. Basically, Jon." Damian corrected "You're basically invulnerable. But you're still weak to kryptonite, magic and sometimes your powers.. malfunction." Damian reasoned out.

"Dami, I don't care. I'm not letting you go face her alone." Jon wasn't going to back down, not now, not ever. All this time with Damian.. his hard-headedness must be rubbing off on him.

Damian looked up at Jon, the boy of steel staring back at him. He appreciated how much Jon cared about him, but losing his boyfriend? Its a risk he wasn't willing to take.

"TT. Fine, are you sure you want to join me?" Damian asked, rising to his feet.

"Positive." Jon answered.

Damian sighed. "Alright."

Jon's little morphed into his signature toothy grin "Yes! I promise i won't let you down!" Jon exclaimed wrapping Damian in a warm embrace.

"I know you won't Jon" Damian said, enjoying the warmth of Jon's hug. If he could, he'd just ignore his mother's summons and just stay with Jon... being with the boy he fell in love with, but alas.. duty calls.

"I'm just sorry that i'll have to let you down. Just this once." Damian said regrettably.

"What.. what do you-"

*pfffffshk*

Damian sprayed Jon with a bottle of magic-laced knock out gas.

"D-dami.. I think...." Jon let out a yawn. "I think your cologne smells funny.." jon said letting out a giggle.

Damian smiled at the boy collapsing in his arms. "Sorry it had to be this way, beloved." Damian said, tucking his boyfriend in bed. "But I'm just not willing to lose you." Damian said.

Jon, now basically asleep asked Damian. "See you.... see you tomorrow?" Jon asked.

Damian froze in his tracks. He didn't know what to say. He let out a sigh.

"TT. Count on it, Kent." Damian smiled at the boy of his dreams, who smiled back, beaming happiness despite the fact he's about to sleep.

"Y-yaay...!" Jon barely managed to say, letting out a tired yawn. Stretching his arms out, toward the ceiling, he beckoned Damian.