vi. dance with me

« DANCE WITH ME »

« DANCE WITH ME »

Lillian sat near the fire pit, her gaze focused on the vivid flames, the tent filled with utter silence. Harry was laying on top of a lounge chair, just in front of Lillian and Hermione was near the piano, listening to the radio.

Lillian had only been back for a few days but had already stopped listening to the names. It wasn't in her nature to ignore things like this but she didn't want to be informed of anyone's death through a radio station. It made her sick to her stomach.

And the worst part was to be of no help at all. Her best friend of all time was missing, her father could be anywhere and she wondered if she still had a boyfriend at all. During all these weeks that she spent alone, scared for her life and all of her friends, she often thought about her and Draco.

From the moment they first kissed, hugged, touched, everything went downhill so quickly. She never quite could appreciate and comprehend her relationship with him. They loved each other, she knew that. But Lillian asked herself a lot if she wanted to have a secret relationship. And she never did. It never made it exciting, it made her sick, it made it bad.

When she was much younger —not that she was any old yet, Lillian had always pictured a relationship with someone she could go out with freely, someone she would bring over for dinner and who'd meet her parents, someone she'd grow up with.

Lillian looked next to her where stood letters from Harry. When Dobby brought her back to her friends, Harry gave her letters he had written during the few weeks, asking her to read them only if she felt the need to. For all of these years, the pair had spent most of their time writing to one another that their friendship had become something a little different, something they were both scared of.

When Harry gave her the letters, he specifically said not to read the first one of the lot because he didn't want to ruin everything.

So Lillian didn't read it.

Even if she could guess what could potentially be in this letter, they had more important things to handle. She couldn't do that to Draco anyway.

Harry, on the other hand, had his eyes glued to Lillian. She seemed totally confused and scared as his heart pounded endlessly in his chest. From the moment they had to apparate during Bill and Fleur's wedding, he never stopped thinking about her. And it made him sick to know she was all alone. So when he saw her in the forest the other day, he thought he would confess everything. But he didn't find the courage to do so.

Suddenly, a slow song started playing and invaded the tent, as if it was a sign. Harry stood up and extended his arm towards Lillian. She looked over at him with a small smile, confused.

"Dance with me."

Lillian chuckled and grabbed his hand as he helped her stand up.

They walked to the middle of the tent and Harry awkwardly put his hands on her waist as Lillian placed her arms on his shoulders, the pair standing very close. They started swirling slowly, trying to follow the song's pace, never once looking away from each other.