xviii. secret moments

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END PLEASE READ IT <3

« SECRET MOMENTS »

At this point, the teenage girl didn't care if other students stared at her as she ran down the stairs, almost colliding with a dozen people she crossed path with, earning some snarky remarks coming from students of her own House. She needed to find Draco before Snape.

Little did she know Snape wouldn't try to do anything because it could cost both of the lovers' lives.

After searching for him in the entire castle, Lillian only had one place left to look out for, the Slytherin common room. She knew it was risky, but it didn't matter, so she stayed near the entrance, waiting for someone to come out. Lillian barely had the time to plan out the way she would explain her presence if anyone caught her inside that Pansy rushed out, only giving a few seconds for the blonde to slip inside.

The atmosphere was completely different from her common house. The way it had been built was giving a much more impressive look, as if every student who walked in had to do it with pride. Everything was also much more dark, with beautiful flames illuminating the entire room in a green halo.

Suddenly someone gasped, causing Lillian to do the same thing.

"What are you doing here?!" Draco muttered, grabbing her arm as they hid in his room before anyone else would see them.

"I was with Snape.. he—he knows about us."

Draco sat on his bed, looking both upset and confused. The room was perfectly clean, but Lillian soon noticed it didn't really have any decoration. No pictures, no trophies, simply the main furnitures required in a bedroom.

"It's alright, he won't tell."

"How do you know that?" Lillian wondered.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine."

Lillian frowned but Draco looked so convinced, she decided to trust him. "So, did you pack your bags or something?"

"What?"

"Uh.. I mean, it doesn't look like this room belongs to anyone. There should be some personal objects or even pictures, it looks kind of sad."

"I like it that way, who would I want to have a picture of hanging on my wall anyways?"

"Me, maybe?" Lillian smirked, causing the platinum blonde boy to grin.

"Actually, if I could, I would." Draco said, his smile dropping.

Lillian caught it and sat next to him, putting her head on his shoulder, wrapping an arm around his waist. "What's going on?"

The room fell silent for some very long minutes, Draco playing with Lillian's fingers, having her around becoming the best way for him to stay calm.

"I hate this war." Draco stated, as his breaths got faster.

"Hey, it's alright, look at me." Lillian pushed him further on the bed so she could sit in front of him, her palms grabbing both sides of his face. "I promise, it will end soon. We don't know how, but it will."

But Draco didn't seem to calm down, instead, his breaths accelerated even more, pushing Lillian away as he stood up, trying his hardest not to punch the nearest wall.

"You don't get it ! We can't be together because we're enemies, Lillian !"

Draco was fuming, grabbing his head with both hands, "And not simply because of our families !"