xvii. invasion of privacy

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE A/N AT THE END! I LOVE YOU GUYS I'M SO GLAD TO BE BACK <3 And enjoy this chapter!

« INVASION OF PRIVACY »

Three weeks had passed ever since the death of Ellen Henderson. Three longing weeks during which Lillian barely attended classes —but attended her mother's funeral, forced herself to eat and tried to sleep, spent most of her time in the library, often laid in the arms of Ron or Harry, sometimes Hermione. Even Dean and Seamus had given her a warm embrace, one of those filled with love instead of pity.

Lillian had been surrounded by love and she couldn't deny it had been building some courage inside of her.

The courage to wake up in the morning and finish what her very own mother had started many years prior. To fight for what was right, to accomplish her dreams and be the best person she could be.

Another mind was inside hers, making Lillian lose control of her thoughts, actually, she barely remembered being inside of her Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher's office, practicing the Occlumency protection.

On the other hand, Snape had no idea what he was about to discover. He was used to penetrating Harry's mind, even though he shouldn't, but he had never done it to the girl sitting in front of him.

The sun was shining brightly as the Henderson's were sitting around a small table covered by a flowered tablecloth in the backyard, steaming cups of tea surrounded by fresh fruits and biscuits.

Thirteen year-old Lillian had her mouth full with the home made cookies, trying to hide it with her tea cup as she exchanged a guilty look with her father's long time best friend, Remus Lupin, whom she was used to see very often ever since she was just a baby.

But, when Remus cheekily robbed a cookie from the plate, wiggling his eyebrows at the little girl before putting it entirely in his mouth, she choked in a laughter, earning an eye roll from her mother and a smirk from her father.

"So, Lilli, there is something Remus must tell you."

Remus gargled, solemnly putting his palms back on the table. "I will be your new teacher at Hogwarts."

Her mouth opened wide, Lillian stared in shock at Remus, causing her father to burst out laughing.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts, to be more specific." Remus added, giggling at the girl's reaction.

"Blimey!" Lillian muttered before standing on her feet with a huge smile. "Oh! That means I'll have the best grades ever!"

Lillian jumped in the arms of her godfather, before running in the garden, chanting some random song she had heard about easy success and easy life.

"Actually, that means you'll have to call him professor or Mister Lupin and you'll have no better treatment." her father corrected.

Lillian gasped in horror before the scenery slowly changed, Lillian was still thirteen but she was now at Hogwarts, in Remus' office this time.

The tiny blonde had her shoulders down, arms in the back, Remus walking in circles around his niece, slightly shaking his head in disapproval.

"I don't know what went through your mind to cast a spell at Miss Parkinson's boggart," Remus started. "But I am extremely disappointed."

If Lillian could have disappeared under the ground at this exact moment, she would have but she stayed completely silent, knowing it was not time for one of her famous outburst of rage. She couldn't deny what she had done was extremely wrong.

"I thought you knew better to ignore those who try to hurt you but apparently you're not patient enough."

Lillian gasped before cutting Remus, "It's not that I am not patient! The problem is that Pansy always tries to do something nasty to my friends!"

"This isn't an excuse, Lilli. You would've had a very severe punishment if it had happened with another teacher and you used that at your advantage."

Remus observed the girl in front of him, he knew she had nothing to say because it was the truth. In the many years he had watched the girl grow up in front of him, rare were the time where Lillian had nothing to say for her defense, not that she always tried to find an excuse for some bad behavior but because she usually didn't act this way.

Remus was about to say something about the spell, mostly because he couldn't stay mad at his niece for long, when Lillian started talking.

"By the way, how come you're scared of the moon? I mean, there has to be something else since the moon is like... always there."

Remus' look slowly darkened as he lowered hi gaze, taking a quick glance at a picture of him and Henry sitting on his desk. Lillian suddenly found herself dumbfounded behind her godfather who seemed lost in his thoughts.

Tardily, she walked until she was right next to him, also looking at the picture. "I don't really know what I'm scared of either.."

Remus mumbled quickly under his breath as he turned to Lillian. "But, I know what I'm scared of."

Mysteriously, Remus vanished besides a Lillian who didn't seem to notice as she smoothly grew taller, her hair losing some length, a long purple jacket draped around her shoulders as she intensely looked around, strolling in the hallways towards a hidden bench outside the castle.

Someone was already sitting on the bench, back facing the teenage girl as she softly placed her hands on the person's eyes.

"Guess who?" Lillian asked playfully, pecking the person's cheek.

The person slightly giggled, relaxing before taking Lillian's hands in his own, turning around with a small smirk drawn on the lips.

"So, I only get a kiss on the cheek?" Draco asked, leaning forward.

Lillian started laughing, giving him another peck on the cheek, causing her to laugh even louder when she saw Draco's disappointed face.

But, in the blink of an eye, the teenage girl was back in Snape's office, the teacher walking fast around his desk, a hand plastered on his forehead. With her eyes wide, Lillian finally realised that was she reminisced, Snape saw as well. Snape now knew about Draco and her.

Slowly shaking, Lillian stood up, almost falling in the process, finally catching Snape's attention.

"I—I think I'm... gonna go.."

As Lillian sprinted down the stairs, thinking about where she could find Draco, Snape engulfed his upper body in order to tell the girl something.

"You are playing a dangerous game, trust me.."

Lillian stopped, turning around to face Snape. "But, this is not a game."

Snape sighed, taken aback by such conviction. "I could tell."

✧✦✧

Hi everyone, yes, this is official, I am back on wattpad! I apologize for the lack of update, main excuse is that I was so caught up with college and with work that I had little to no time for myself so I had given up on writing.
I can not promise to update very frequently but I'll be back on track soon.
By the way, if you could check my new fanfic dedicated to Jeff Atkins (from 13 Reasons Why), called Adagio, I'd love you forever! <3