x. gringotts

« GRINGOTTS »

« GRINGOTTS »

"Hey, lovebirds, we don't have time for this," Griphook spat as Hermione climbed up, fully dressed as Bellatrix.

A few years back, they probably would've jumped away from one another, embarrassed by the nickname. But, as Lillian only held stronger onto Harry's hand, he gave her a side look and couldn't help the smile on his face as she had one already plastered on hers.

"Well? How do I look?" Hermione asked, pouting.

"Hideous."

"Perfect way to get the girl," Lillian muttered, causing Harry to chuckle and Ron to slap her with a side of his robe, "Ouch, that was totally unnecessary, Ron."

He rolled his eyes, "You know exactly why I did it."

"You can give that to Hermione to hold, all right Griphook?" Harry said as Hermione crouched down in front of the goblin.

Griphook dropped the sword inside Hermione's bag as Lillian gave a side-look to Ron, pulling at his beard slightly. Ron jerked her hand away, sighing as she chuckled.

"Beard looks good on you, though," she defended and he rolled his eyes, the ghost of a smile on his lips.

Even under the most stressful situations, Ron and Lillian would always find a way to cheer up one another. It warmed up their hearts as they individually came to the conclusion that they were really like brother and sister.

Ron lifted his hand, Hermione placed hers on top of his as Harry did the same. Lillian looked at her best friends, making longer eye contact with Harry as she put her own hand on top of his. The four teenagers looked over at Griphook. Tension could be felt from miles away.

"We're relying on you, Griphook," Harry said, "If you get us past the guards and into the vault, the sword is yours."

Griphook slowly extended his hand and Lillian held in a breath as they vanished from the ground with a pop.

A rasping noise escaped Lillian's lips as her feet touched the pavement. Harry pulled the girl aside as a man walked by on the other side. Lillian looked around and couldn't believe how Diagon Alley had changed.

It was gloomy and dark. The sun wasn't very adamant to show itself around here and it only increased the queasiness currently growing in the pit of her stomach.

"Madam Lestrange."

"Good morning," Hermione answered politely.

"Good morning?" Griphook repeated through gritted teeth, "Good morning? You're Bellatrix Lestrange, not some dewy-eyed school girl."

"Hey, easy," Ron defended.

"She gives us away, we might as well use that sword to slit our own throats. Understand?"