iv. lonely at home

« LONELY AT HOME »

« LONELY AT HOME »

Lifeless until one lost soul decided to step on its tiles again. Glass was shattered all across the floor of the entire house, cracking under each step. The dining table was broken as a fire was emanating from the chimney. The level upstairs was in a good state except for the broken doors leading to the different rooms.

Lillian sat on the couch and put her wand beside her, grabbing her bag from which she extracted the prophecy orb.

In that moment, the girl couldn't have been more lost so it seemed fair enough that she watched what the prophecy was about.

The first thing that surprised her was how the color of the orb stayed completely translucent once she touched it with her bare hands. It was a common fact that the glass would to turn white before revealing the prophecy. She then noticed that the base made of chestnut wood was bare. Which wasn't normal.

When a prophecy was made, the base of the orb would have the name of the person who would've made the prophecy, the year when it happened and the person it would refer to.

"Blimey! What is this supposed to mean?" Lillian whispered to herself as she turned the orb around to inspect it.

For a split second she thought to use a spell —after all, Dumbledore might've hidden something in it, then remembered she couldn't.

"Stupid trace." she fumed. "Dumbledore, if you hear me, I really need some help right now."

. . .

Two weeks later and Lillian was still stuck in the place that used to her lovely home, now destroyed and dead.

She didn't know where to go and she had no one to call for help. She stayed many nights awake, thinking of ways she could reach her father, Remus or the twins but all of them would reveal her location to anyone who might spy underage wizards.

As she played with the brooch her parents offered her almost a year ago, she suddenly remembered something.

Lillian gently opened the box to discover a small brooch made of golf with a few sapphires in the middle forming a nice abstract shape. The teenager grabbed it in awe, letting her mother place it on her blouse, a sweet red halo emanating from it.

"Is this... magic?" Lillian asked, suddenly feeling a magic aura around her.

"You found out quickly." Ellen answered, sharing a look with her husband.

"If you ever have a problem, put your finger on the sapphire placed in the middle and we'll be here in a second."

"Thank you." Lillian said as she hugged them both at the same time. "I love you."

"We love you too."

At this point, the girl had no other option. Slowly, she touched the sapphire in the middle, breathing quickly. The worst thing she wanted was to put her father in danger.

Wind blew inside the living room as the fire from the chimney turned off. Lillian frowned and swallowed with difficulty, feeling a presence behind her. A presence that couldn't be her father, she knew it.

"Lillian."

The girl gasped as a whimper escaped her lips and her mother, Ellen, was there, standing in the center of the living-room, her feet not touching the ground.

"M—Mum?"

The woman nodded with a smile causing Lillian to fall on her knees, sobbing uncontrollably as she held her head with her shaky hands.

"I'm so sorry mum, I—I I didn't want to do this, I promise, I w—was just trying to save dad."

"Shush, it's okay baby, look at me." Ellen asked gently. "Please look at me, I can not stay long."

As she heard her mother couldn't stay long , she jolted on her two feet, inspecting her mother as much as she could, realizing she wouldn't get many opportunities like this.

"Mum, I need help. I—I'm lost, I.. I'm still underage so I can't apparate nor use magic to find Harry, Ron and Hermione, I don't know what to do mum.."

"Listen to me, you can not leave the house at the present moment.."

"What, why? What's going—"

"You just can't. Not alone." Ellen informed sternly. "But soon, very very soon. I promise you."

"But.. I don't understand.. If I can't leave the house alone but that I can't reach out to anyone, how am I gonna do?"

"Don't worry about that, I promise you'll leave this house very soon."

Lillian nodded. "Okay mum, I love you."

"I love you too sweetie. Please, when you see your father, tell him I love him with all my heart."

A tear escaped both Lillian and Ellen's eyes. "I will."

"Oh and, Sirius says you're the bravest girl he has ever met and that you should never forget it."

Lillian chuckled, putting her hand over her heart. "I miss Sirius."

"Don't say that, he'll brag about it once I'm back there." Ellen laughed. "And you have a big kiss from James."

Lillian stood speechless, thinking of the man who was supposed to be her godfather if he was still alive. She had never met him but her parents told her so much about him it was like she knew him personally.

"Lillian, I have to go now. I love you and don't forget, things will get better I promise. All of us we're watching you from where we are."

Lillian nodded once again, "M—Mum ! Give a kiss to both James and Sirius for me please, I love you."

Abruptly, the fire was back in the chimney and the teenager was all alone in her living-room. She didn't quite realize what had just happened but she sat down in front of the fire and observed the flames, hoping this wasn't another one of her weird hallucinations.

Later that night, a creaking sound awoke Lillian in less than a second. She grabbed her wand and almost fell of the couch, blinded by the bright colors of the flames.

Trying not to be heard by the intruder, she slowly walked towards the front door, ready to jinx whoever was inside.

"Oh no, please, Miss Lillian Henderson ! I heard you needed some help !"

Lillian opened her eyes wide as she lowered her wand.

"Dobby?!"

. . .

and i am back !! it has been so SO long since i last updated this story and i'm sorry about it ! life has just been crazy and i can't garantee that i'll update more often now but i'll try as hard as possible because i really want to finish this story ! so here you go for this chapter ! it was quite difficult to write since lillian is all on her own but i think i did alright ! things should speed up in the next chapter though :)