A Dance with the Deer

Edited on Sept. 22nd, 2021

"A-Ala...stor?" You had managed to get out, eyes stinking from threatening tears, trying to break free from your eyes. You felt weak, clinging to the shirt of a demon for support and relief from your own aching heart. The two of you stood there for a long five minutes or so, Alastor unmoving as you sobbed, letting out all of your built-up emotions from over the past few nights. It felt like forever, the only sounds in the silent room being that of your sorrow and the still running water behind you.

"I-I'm sorry-y," Your eyes were reddened from crying once you got yourself to look up at the face of the demon, his rose-red eyes narrowing down at you in a thoughtful way. He didn't say anything back for a while, long enough for you to stay worrying that you had upset him somehow. Maybe about how you had just crumpled his shirt or got it damp, feeling bad, you had started to sink down in guilt, though he spoke soon after

"Why don't we go settle in the Game Room, my dear? We can talk about your bothers there." He proposed, watching as you softly nodded, letting him go and following him silently through the kitchen after turning the water off. Walking through the kitchen, through the staircase room, and into your destination area. As soon as your rear hit the leather sofa, words just started pouring out from your lips. 

What happened with your father (both before and after the shooting), how she felt about the situation, your fear of your father, the sadness and blame you felt for your mother's death, how homesick you felt, how utterly alone you felt. The whole time you rambled, the deer demon just say there and listened the whole time, his crimson gaze locked on your shivering form, shaking like a leaf in the wind. But, unknown to you, Alastor already knew the whole story, he had seen the whole thing when he had made the deal with your mother. 

But, after a moment, it seemed that you had caught the demon off guard: "B-but, at least I met you, A-Alastor, I'm glad," You had said with a smile through your crying eyes, making eye contact for the first time since you and he had sat down. Though he wouldn't admit it, Alastor was skeptical of your words, though he also found a sense of amusement in them. I wonder why that would be.

Your fists tightened in your lap as more tears hit the back of your harshly folded palms, your nails digging into (s/c) flesh. After a moment, Alastor got up and walked over to you, your curious gaze following him from his seat until she stood beside you with an outstretched hand. 

"Shall we dance, darling?" He asked in a smooth tone, this time, catching you off guard.

~~~

Your (e/c) eyes slowly peek through your eyelids, your forearm draped lazily over your forehead with a half-asleep glimmer in your orbs. Your sheets covered your whole lower half, their fluffy off-white layers massed up from your tossing and turning throughout the night. A soft yawn escaped your lips as you raked your mind for the memories of last night, your mind still hazy from sleep. You hadn't slept exactly well, but it could have also been worse-- it was a better sleep than the past three nights.

'Last night,' You thought, trying to remind yourself of you and Alastors actions, 'Alastor and I danced until I fell asleep...' Honestly, this all felt like a hazy daydream to you, a fairytale, maybe. Dancing with a demon, living in a large house in the woods, running from a problem that was caused by your family, all of it and more. It sounded like a dream you'd have in your younger years; only this is one you wouldn't wake up from. And, some part of you didn't want to.

Was it the fact that you were finally free from your father? That you felt safe and happy here? But another part of you wanted to slap yourself awake. but, this was a dream you'd never wake from. Not death, but life itself. Your fear of your father was slowly being replaced by anger and coldness, though after seeing your nightgown laying at the foot of your bed a happy feeling found its way into your troubled mind.