Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Opening my eyes I looked around, trees, rocks, sticks, the scenery was no different. The smells were all the same. I was still within Pierces territory. The only difference was, was that his scent was no longer present and I felt a tinge of sadness. If Beta was still around, he would take care of me. He would end my suffering. He wanted me and I knew that my life would be very short-lived once I was in his hands. It would make him happy and wasn't that what I was made for? To make others happy?

I felt my wolf snap at me. He didn't like my thoughts, didn't agree with them. He liked Pierce but didn't like the things he said. He was furious with the Cat and he wanted to sink his teeth back into his flesh for hurting us but he also wanted to feel his warmth. The Beta would only be pain, we would be used and then killed, but was the Beta really at fault for his actions? It was a result of who I was. 

Pierce, however, To feel those arms holding us and keeping the night terrors away versus hands that would hit me, claws that would tear into my skin, part of me wanted one while the other craved another. I wanted my suffering to end, one would grant it and the other was such an unknown card. My wolf wanted Pierce, wanted me to remember who well we slept the night before. Last night had been the best sleep I'd gotten in a long time. It had felt so right being with him. It was a hard feeling to ignore. 

Shakily I started to raise myself up into a sitting position. I growled slightly in pain. Once up I tried to inspect my own body. My legs were scraped up, and I had a decent sized gash on my side but other than that I couldn't feel anything broken.

"Toby!"

My head shot up at the call of my name. My wolf reeled in delight at his voice. Pierce was there standing on the ledge. Shakily I stood and let a growl out. My wolf may not be too angry anymore but I was furious. The feeling of betrayal was hitting me hard now that he was here. I couldn't trust him. I no longer knew what his intentions were with me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. What I did know was that it was still too soon to be found. I didn't want to face him, punishment was a sure thing, and I didn't feel up for it. My fall had been enough to satisfy the dark part of me that craved the abuse.

"Toby, don't move!" His voice was a mixture of demanding and frantic. I scoffed at him and stood up and started to walk off. I couldn't run, the fall had hurt my back enough that I knew I would just fall over if I attempted. I knew Pierce would easily catch me now that he was this close, however that didn't mean I was just going to lay down and wait for him.

I heard his growl and then a thump. Glancing behind me, sure enough, Pierce was back in his Cat form stalking towards me, green eyes glowing dangerously. Turning towards him I growled low and flashed my canines at him. A warning to stay away.

My wolf felt my anger, he knew where it stemmed from and it lit up his own. He wanted the Cat but he also wanted a nice bite out of him. We were a muddle of emotions. Conflicting emotions that seemed to change far to often. I was breaking.

Pierce let another growl out and continued to stalk towards me. I could smell the blood from the wound I had inflected and I inwardly smiled. Good. I'm glad. I lowered my front slightly, my tail going straight up, I was fully prepared to fight him.

He stopped just a few paces in front of me. His own tail twitched angrily. Both of our eyes were locked in a heated stare off. I snapped my jaws at him, and he just continued to growl lowly at me. I didn't deserve all of his anger. I understood that I had messed up first. I left the house without permission, but I had been worried about them. It was instinct that had me running, I didn't deserve the anger that stemmed from me running from him though. He's the one who made it known that my purpose was no more than a pawn. He wasn't teaching me to talk for his own gain, it was all a front. A disguise. His real colors were slowly showing.