Chapter 35

Day 2 Part 2
"Hello." I heard a familiar voice on the other side. I could hear the sorrow in her voice without even speaking yet. "S-s-safiyah?" I asked, my voice breaking slightly. Silence. A few seconds passed before she spoke again.

"Layla?!" She exclaimed, gasping in shock. "Thought I was dead?" I asked sarcastically. She laughed at my untimely sense of humour and I too smiled at how idiotic I was. "Can't get rid of you that easily." She remarked.
I snickered, realising how much I missed her.

"Honestly though, how are you? Dad spoke to me and told me you were kidnapped and taken to Australia?" She asked in a surprised tone as if she couldn't believe it. "That's about right. Except... There's one very important detail he's missing."

I smirked and looked towards Lachlan who looked back at me innocently. "I'm living in Lachlan Power's house... temporarily." I said in an excited tone. Lachlan smirked at me and I quickly realised how stupidly joyful I sounded as I spoke. I turned my blushing face away from him as I listened to my sister's reaction.

"YOU'RE LIVING WITH LACHLAN POWER!" She screamed into the phone. I laughed at her reaction. "Yeah." I was smiling a lot until suddenly, the phone was snatched away from her and somebody who I despised greatly began to speak.

"Layla?" My mum asked. "Y-yeah?" I replied, a little frightened to hear her voice again. Me and my mum had never really got on and there was no doubt about it that she was going to shout or scream about something.

"How are you? What happened?" She asked in a broken voice. In fact, it seemed like I could hear something that I hadn't heard for a very long time. Concern. "I'm ok now mum. But... I don't wanna talk about what happened. I'll tell you once I'm back." I was quite relieved that she hadn't shouted at me.

"So... you'll tell your dad, but you won't tell me?" She questioned harshly. My parents were divorced and my mum had always been insanely jealous of the relationship that I had with him. I could feel my old emotions of sadness rise up into my eyes as I tried to control myself.

"His... number was the first one that came to mind." I lied. There was no way on earth I'd call my mum instead of my dad in a situation like this. "How dare you! I gave birth to you and THIS is the kind of treatment you give me." She hissed in anger. Tears, which were once enveloped in my eyes, were now free and flowing down my cheeks.

"I-I-I..." I stuttered as I attempted to find my voice. "I'm sorry." I finally said. However, I'd only made it worse. "Sorry? Sorry?! An apology won't cut it. Don't you think for even a moment that I-" Then it stopped. The piercing voice which tortured me had been paused by none other, than Lachy's hand.

He pulled the phone from me and ended the call before I could stop him. "NO! What have you done? She's gonna kill me!" I exclaimed, trying to get the phone off him. However, to my disadvantage, he had very long arms which I had given up on in mere seconds.

"The doctor said that you shouldn't get your stress levels too high. You were crying." He said simply. What he was saying made sense but all I could think about was how screwed I was. "Besides, she sounded like a real bitch and you don't deserve such negativity in your life. All you deserve... is love." I looked up to his blue eyes and felt more hot tears trail down my face.

He took me in his arms and held me against his chest as I bawled my eyes out. He was stroking my head and shushing me softly as I began to calm down. "I'm so sorry." I apologised. He took my shoulders and pushed me back gently so that we were face to face.

"How dare you apologise to me." He scolded me playfully. He looked me in the eyes and gave me a serious expression. "You have nothing to apologise for because you've done nothing wrong. Now, don't cry and stop apologising. Self pity won't make you feel better, only control will."

I was beginning to get lost in his beautiful eyes as Lyn came down with her luggage. "We're ready to go Lachlan." She said as if with perfect timing to interrupt us. Lachlan let go of me and started to help his mum get the stuff in the car.

I automatically got up to help him. The second Lachlan saw this though, he stopped walking. "No, no, no, no, no. Sit your ass back down girl. I refuse to let you help." I almost didn't sit down. "You know that I'm not joking when I say I'll actually make you sit down." At that, I sat down, not wanting to experience his playful wrath once more.

I watched as Lachlan said his farewells to his family, and we were finally in the house... alone.

_________________________
Hope you guys enjoyed. Don't forget to vote and comment and I'll see you next Wednesday😊