Chapter 2

Lots of questions started to arise in my head 'Why was I kidnapped in a room with Lachlan Power? Who could've kidnapped me?' As Lachlan began to bang on the door, the sound echoed through the small room and gave me a headache quite quickly. But what pained me more was that it may be impossible to escape this place of damnation.

Lachlan's face of desperation made me want to bawl my eyes out. I felt my heart tighten as I watched him. Then, as if the situation couldn't become worse, the temperature started to drop. It soon became apparent that this person either wanted to torture us or kill us. Or both.

Lachlan looked like he was on the verge of tears and as he sat on the floor, feeling defeated, I wasn't able to take it any longer. I stood and sat next to him in the corner. He had his face buried in his hands so I tapped his shoulder first, getting his attention immediately.

He looked up at me with eyes full of sadness and I clutched his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We are going to get out of here. But we can't just give up. There has to be a way to escape." I said with the bravest tone I could manage. He smiled a little, his eyes shining with a little more hope.

Then he had an idea. "We should sit closer together so that we can absorb each other's body warmth." Although I was a little reluctant at first, we eventually began to get closer. I sat between his legs so that my head was against his chest and I could hear his heartbeat like a rhythm that soothes me. His muscular arms surrounded my body so delicately. Although it was still cold, his skin against mine gave me the warmest feeling inside and I smiled against his touch. I had almost forgotten that we were in a small room, trapped.

Unfortunately, it was hard to contain my pessimistic thoughts and a tear escaped my eyes involuntarily, only to fall onto Lachlan's arm. Looking at it, he turned me so that we were facing each other. "Hey, don't cry." He urged me gently. He began to wipe away my tears, then he cupped my face. I looked at his eyes and became mesmerised. They were like that of an angel, glistening despite there being a dim light. I almost forgot why I was crying or why I was upset at all.

After a while, I looked down, realising the situation we were in. "What if we don't escape? What if we die in here?" The tears were practically flowing out of my eyes like the flow of a river and I couldn't stop myself. That's when he pulled me in for a hug. "No matter what it takes, no matter how much time I have, until my dying breath, I'm going to make sure I try my hardest to figure out a way to get us out of here." He swore. We stayed like this for few seconds and it felt like nothing in the world could harm me as long his arms surrounded me.

Then we broke the hug, his tummy rumbled and I smiled at him. Then I stopped smiling; I realised something. "How long have you been here, roughly?" I asked.
"At least two hours, why?" I stood and began to look around, until I spotted the key to our escape.

_______________________
Tell me if you think I could improve in any way. All criticism is allowed. Comment what you think is going to happen next😁