Upon hearing Copter's frantic call of his name, Godt stopped dead in his tracks.  After hesitating for a few seconds, he turned around and met Copter's wavering eyes.  An uncomfortable silence fell upon them until Godt finally breathed out a heavy sigh and opened his mouth. 

"I'm sorry, Copter.  I really shouldn't have kissed you," Godt sincerely apologized.  He paused for a bit before stating his next words.  "But I don't regret it."

Not knowing how to respond to that, Copter bit his lips.  "P', are you really quitting?" he eventually inquired.  

"Yes."

"Because of me?"

Godt let out a small smile that didn't reach his forlorn eyes.  "No, it's not because of you," he answered, his voice soft.  

He's lying, Copter thought to himself, being able to see through Godt's obvious lie.  He's quitting because of me.  Feeling a rush of guilty panic hitting him, he desperately churned his mind to come up with reasons for why Godt shouldn't quit.  

"Then why are you quitting?  Everyone's going to be upset if you leave.  P'Tae and P'Tee, and all the customers that come to see you...everyone is going to be so disappointed!  And the shop really needs you.  Like what about all the waffle orders..." 

But Copter trailed off when he soon realized that none of his words were truly effective nor persuasive.  Godt just stood there motionlessly, patiently waiting for Copter to finish.  At an utter loss for what to do next, Copter dropped his discouraged gaze to his feet for a brief moment before looking up once more. 

"P', we'll see each other again, right?" Copter ended up asking, a tremble evident in his voice.

"We shouldn't.  Otherwise, I won't hold back again," Godt responded in a playful tone, but a broken smile formed on his lips.  "Goodbye, Copter.  Please take care of yourself and be happy."

Standing rooted to the ground, Copter helplessly stared at Godt as he walked away from him and ultimately out of his sight. 

***

A dead silence had consumed the entire car ride back home.  Seemingly oblivious to Kimmon's countless sidelong glances of worry, Copter had stayed quiet throughout the drive, looking like he was lost in thought.  

From his end, Kimmon had bitten back from saying anything while he fiercely struggled to clasp on to his remaining selfishness.  But the more he caught sight of Copter's slumped shoulders and gloomy eyes, of all the blatantly visible signs of his pitiful anguish, Kimmon had felt his insides slowly crumbling.  

So, when they finally stepped foot into their apartment, Kimmon hesitantly called out Copter's name, with the intention of stopping the junior from heading to his room.  

"Copter."

Turning around, Copter readily gave his full attention to Kimmon, who stared right back at him.  As he beheld those beautiful dark chocolate orbs that he loved so much, Kimmon couldn't help but hesitate for a little while.