Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The first two weeks passed by quickly. Kayla and I had become fast friends. We had discovered ice cream and fashion together and nothing bonds two girls faster. We spent countless night talking about our days as we learned the ins and outs of The Oasis. I had been so busy that thoughts of my brother and other life barely flickered into my train of thought throughout the days. But at night I would lie and think about what they all were doing.

How were my parents coping, where was Mika and how was Lizzie doing in her new home? They haunted my dreams and left me tired and groggy every morning.

I had found a job in the last few days that made me happy. It was computing data compiled from the PIA and making sure they were working appropriately. Working with the PIA was something I was already good at. I was also working on new software for the PIA to make them work more efficiently and I was truly enjoying myself. Life was as amazing as I had always dreamed it would be here.

During my third week here I was pretty much into my regular schedule. I was planning my more to more permanent housing that was a few blocks from my current job and current building. Kayla had found her place as well and we were only going to be 1 block apart.

She too had found a job she loved and life was perfect.

Today I was meeting Remy. We get together almost everyday. And although I never got over his dreamy appearance and charming ways, we have remained just friends. He had invited me to come to his house tonight. The thought of meeting the President has my stomach in a knot and it's threatening to spill my lunch on the floor of my closet. I stand pulling dress by dress from the closet trying to choose the best one for my outing tonight when a hear a whistle from my doorway.

"Damn girl! You're looking hot in the dress!" Kayla says laughing a bit.

" I don't want to look hot I want to look presentable. What am I going to do Kay? I feel like I'm going to puke."

"Chill you've got this." she says gliding past me to my closet. She reaches up and pulls a black dress from the closet.

"Here wear this. It says "hey I'm hot" but not in the slutty I want you son kind of way." she laughs handing me dress.

" I don't "want" him" I say air quoting the want part. "He's a good friend and the future leader of POD 14. He is so out of my league it's not even imaginable."

" lie to yourself all you want. But anyone who isn't blind can see that connection. He wants you just as badly.".

I through on the dress and look in the mirror hanging from the closet door. She was right. The dress is sophisticated yet it hugs my curves and embrace all that i have. I was a one shoulder that had a long flowing sleeve. The dress was tightly fitted all the way to the tops of my knees.

I picked a long gold necklace with a leaf that hung at the bottom just below my chest and a small diamond charm sat perfectly over the leaf. I had straightened my hair and pulled it up halfway so that it was out of my face but cascaded down my back. I picked up a pair of gold heels that matched my necklace and look at myself once more.

" Oh my look at you." Kayla said. " You are breathtakingly beautiful."

"Stop!" I say feeling rather embarrassed as she hoots and hahs over me. I have never looked or felt like this in my entire life. I step back and look again checking over and over my reflection in the mirror.

" I'm serious, your going to kill it tonight. You'll blow them away with your mind and your looks! "

Kayla smiled.