Chapter 7

Izzy and Ben

"Thank you, and again we are so very sorry for all of this." Izzy pleads to the faceless, nameless enforcer who is carrying Magda to her room.

"Happens more than you'd know." He chuckles a bit while gently laying Magda down on the bed.

Magda's face is smeared in black streaks, and even in her quiet slumber traces of pain escape across her face. Izzy's sits on the side of the bed, tucking in her arms and legs while covering her with the sheet. She carefully sweeps away a stray red lock covering Magda's face.

"My sweet girl! What kind of mess have you gotten yourself into?" She stands, and finishes tucking Magda in.

"Kit darken the lights in Magda's room please!" She says softly to her own PIA.

The lights begin to fade as she makes her way to the hall. Izzy closes the door behind her, leaving Magda to sleep off the effects of the prod.

She pauses at the top of the stairs. She glances down the hall toward Mika's room. It's dark, she wonders if he's asleep.

"Kit, update on Mika?"

"Mika appears to be sleeping. His heart rate is at 60 beats per minute, and pulse Ox is at 99 percent. Rapid Eye Movement is underway as we speak."

"Thank you!"

She listens as Ben closes the front door. The enforcer is gone.

"Kit, I need a transfer from Sulu, all memories of Felix Tredoux and Magda please. All Archived and safety locked memories as well. Any messages, or video calls. Anything she has stored from the last 2 months."

"Transfer complete. May I assist you with anything else?"

"No that will be all thank you."

"You are most welcome Ma'am."

Izzy spends a brief moment searching through the information sent from Sulu. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. There is nothing here that would suggest that she knew anything that Felix had done.

"Kit, I don't see the memory containing what was said tonight. There was a whispered moment?"

"All available moments have been transferred."

"Kit make a direct link to Sulu."

Izzy flips through Sulu searching every little moment of this evening's events, and yet nothing comes up. It's as though it never happened. She was certain she saw him whisper something to her.

Frustration builds as her search comes up empty.

How did this night get so messed up? Twenty one years this girl has never seen trouble. Yet one week before the mission was complete, and nearly everything I've worked for went down the drain. And for what? A boy!!

Her mind riddled with questions as to how this night was able to unfold so badly. She had planned it out so well. She prided herself on keeping Magda safe all these years. How did she not see this? It was right under her nose the whole time. In the last 10 years Magda has hung out with the same friends. She never branched out, never talked about boys, nothing. And in a weeks time, she nearly throws away her life for one? With a deep breathe and clenched fists she makes her way down the stairs to where Ben sits in the kitchen.

"What a fuckin' mess!" He exclaims loudly, his face mirroring Izzy's. She makes her way around the kitchen island and grabs a mug from the cabinet.