Seriously... I just got back!

"Hey! I hope you've done better than last time"
Marlon yells, "I'm really getting frustrated with your lack of effort."
Oh, shut up.

"Why yes! I've caught plenty this trip." You spin around fastly with a over-exaggerated smile. Act nice for now...
"Let me see then" Marlon raised an eyebrow while placing his hands on either sides of his hips.
"Have a look for yourself, we caught more-

"This isn't enough." Marlon growls, staring down at AJ's bucket.
Is he dumb?

"No, look here" You gently grab your bucket away from Omar who gave you a questioning look. Marlon hummed in approval after looking at your number of catches, still very much alive.
"Who caught these?" He said expectingly.
You freeze and quickly glance over at AJ who was currently sitting with Tenn, drawing and wearing a huge smile.
If you told Marlon that AJ indeed only caught three fish... then that smile that he wore right now would be vanished in an instant, as you can only imagine that Marlon would storm over there and give the poor boy an unnecessary lecture.

You sigh defeatedly. Giving in completely and deciding to take the blame.
"AJ." You lie almost painfully.
Marlon smirks immediately, "see, and just now I thought you were gonna lie to me. It's better to tell the truth isn't it?"

You swallow back your thoughts as you take his harsh words

"And I'm so disappointed in you. Only three fish!? Really?" Marlon scowled, "you could've done WAY better than that."
You felt a fire ignite within you- anger starting to surface and boil.
"You're a disgrace!"
Rosie barked along as if to agree with what he's saying.

"Whats 'sup Marlon, did you need to say anything?" You suddenly felt a weight on your shoulders, the same humour filled voice of Louis' ringing into the air. Marlon shut his mouth instantly and cleared his throat- most definitely thinking that he shouldn't have uttered those hateful words to you in Louis' ear range and presence.
"Uuh no! No I was just about to leave. See ya around" the Blonde rat scurried away and soon out of sight. Rosie looked at you almost apologetically before also running away.
"That's what I thought..." Louis gritted under his breath. Though you heard it nonetheless.

You peel his heavy arm off you- knowing fully well he was purposely leaning more weight on you.
"hey Louis" you smile warmly. His slight frown immediately transforming into a grin as he pulled you in for a big hug.
"Hey.. how'd the fishing go?" He murmured, gently stroking down your slightly messy hair.
You simply shrug, "how'd you think?"

Louis sighed once slowly pulling away, a sullen expression resting on his features. "Don't Let Marlon get to you... he's just stressed so he's taking it out on others"
You frown, "I understand that, but it doesn't make that an excuse to treat me like trash"
Louis stroked your cheek lovingly before quickly pecking you on the forehead- "how about we eat some food to get your mind off things?" He offered with a smile.
You sigh before reluctantly nodding, "Yea, okay. That sounds good" you agree soon with a smile as well.

"That's the spirit!" Louis chuckled while wrapping an arm around you and leading to one of the picnic tables.
You sit down with a giggle.
"Stay right here." Louis said happily before hurrying off to grab both your bowls of dinner.
You nod, watching as he approached Omar who had just announced that the dinner was ready for collecting.

You hum a soft tune while waiting patiently. But after a few minutes you soon stopped once seeing Marlon walk up to Louis with a grim expression- his sour demeanour was so toxic you could sense it from where you were seated.
You could see his lips moving, obviously sharing some words with Louis. But you were afraid that these words he was exchanging weren't the friendliest as you could clearly see the tension between them now.