Chapter 60

Chapter 60

A woman is always the most beautiful when they are the bride.

Su Ruan Xiu sat in the front row. She looked at the lush green gra.s.s and the dreamlike wedding venue. When music was played, she watched her daughter, wearing a beautiful wedding gown, walk by. Her daughter and a man walked together, side by side.

There were applause, flowers, and music. Even though Su Ruan Xiu's eyes reddened around the rim, she still watched her daughter walk towards the vicar with the man. Her life and her daughter's life would never be the same. It would surely be different.

On New Year's Day, she didn't expect Xiao Le to bring a man back home. She knew her daughter and Zhuang Wei had split up. As a mother, she could help her daughter with anything apart from matters like these. Because in these situations, no one could help them. They could only hope that the person would think it through themselves.

Mother Su remembered the moment when she first saw Wei Chu. Her daughter was carrying a handbag while that elegant, graceful, and charming man carried many bags as he followed Su Le. He was definitely an elite but he was careful as he tried to be in her favor.

He said that he would treat Su Le well for life and would not betray her.

But it was only then that she also remembered these words being uttered before. About 20 years ago, Xiao Le's father had also said the same thing.

Besides, this man was rich and he had a strong family background. She didn't know if this person would become the 2nd Zhuang Wei. As a mother, they would always be biased towards their child. This was natural. It was a mother's nature.

What really moved Su Ruan Xiu was not the young man's promise. Neither was it his family background. Even though they were not rich, they weren't poor to the point where they needed to sacrifice their happiness for money. What really touched her was a simple meal.

During the afternoon of New Year's Day, the couple went out to buy a lot of food and insisted on cooking themselves. So, Su Ruan Xiu could only sit on the sofa to watch TV while secretly shooting glances at the kitchen.

Su Ruan Xiu was very clear of her daughter's level of cooking. Her daughter could only cook stir-fry vegetables or instant noodles. If it was anything else that was just a bit more complicated, the taste would not be good. Even though her daughter had entered the kitchen, she could only wash the vegetables as her cutting skills were not good either.

When all the dishes came to the table, Su Ruan Xiu discovered that they were all Sichuan dishes. There were a few which were her favorites, but everything else was food that Su Le enjoyed. She picked some food to try. The taste was not bad. The only thing she would criticize was that there wasn't enough salt, but she knew that Xiao Le preferred food that was slightly bland as compared to her.

After the meal, Su Ruan Xiu watched the young man carry all the dishes and bowls into the kitchen while her daughter sat in front of the TV. She thought that it wasn't right and said, "Xiao Le, how can you let Xiao Wei wash the dishes?"

All she got in response was a shameless smile from her daughter. Su Ruan Xiu couldn't help but think about how bad was the young man's taste was for him to fall for her daughter.

She may have had a bad marriage herself but it didn't mean that everyone else would be as unfortunate as her. She didn't have any requirements for her son-in-law; she just hoped that her daughter would find someone who was reliable and someone who understood her.

—————-

"Ah, In-laws," Mother Wei sat beside Su Ruan Xiu. The happiness on their faces was genuine, "Xiao Le is a good child. All my family members like her. Since our children have gotten together, we as parents are relieved."