Chapter 56

Chapter 56

That night, Su Le ate 2 large bowls of rice under the pa.s.sionate care of the Wei family. She was so full that she only fell asleep late in the night.

The next morning, when she woke up and climbed out of bed, Su Le breathed in deeply a few times before doing her morning routine. There were many plants and flowers planted around the courtyard house, so the air was fresh and nice to breathe in.

After breakfast, Su Le and Wei Chu stayed and chatted with the elders for a while before they prepared to leave. Mother Wei gave them some food she had prepared before allowing them to leave.

"Auntie and Uncle are very kind," Su Le sat in the car as she remembered their interactions from the day before. It was much more pleasant than she had expected. She felt extremely relieved.

"You're not nervous anymore?" As Wei Chu drove cautiously, he said, "I've told you before that you shouldn't worry. My mother also said that you don't need to buy so many gifts when you visit in the future."

Su Le smiled as she lowered her head. She did not reply but neither did she rebut his words.

Wei Chu took a quick glance at her. His smile was very bright and eye-catching.

After meeting his parents, Wei Chu and Su Le's relations.h.i.+p had gotten closer. Sometimes, Su Le would take the initiative and go to Wei Chu's small villa to get a free meal and they would cook together. The feeling was not bad.

At night, they would take a walk together. During the day, when they had the time to, they would go to the city and play. They gradually became more familiar with and understanding of each other. When they were together, they were not like people who were still in their first love, careful and impulsive; instead, they were like old lovers with strong mutual understanding.

—————-

The weather became colder as winter came. Su Le originally planned to return home during the national holidays but her mother had unexpectedly booked a holiday to Hong Kong. In the end, Su Le could only cancel her plans. Instead, she prepared to stay at home to ponder over the plot of her novel. After all, earning some extra income was also great.

The day before the national holiday, Su Le's company treated the employees to a meal. Su Le and her colleagues happily ate together, but when they left the restaurant, they discovered that it was raining.

It was currently October and the weather was gradually becoming cooler. So, when it rained it was especially chilly. Su Le was wearing a dress today, so as she stood outside the restaurant, she instantly got gooseb.u.mps as the chilly wind blew.

At this time, it was difficult to catch a taxi, but some of her male colleagues bravely stood at the bus stop to wait for the bus. Her female colleagues stood outside the restaurant while they took their phone out to call someone to pick them up.

People who had a husband or boyfriend called them, and those who didn't call their friends. Su Le pondered hard about whether she should call Wei Chu because he was a company's CEO and she didn't know if he was busy at the moment.

While Su Le was still struggling to decide, her phone that was in her bag started to ring. She took her phone out and saw it was from Wei Chu.

"It's raining. Has the meal ended yet? I'm almost at the restaurant."

"It's over," Su Le smiled as she watched the anxious crowd around her. She felt unexplainably relieved and this made her smile become stronger.

"Su Le, someone has come to pick you up." A colleague next to Su Le poked her elbow while they pointed at a man who was getting out of his car not too far away. The man had a blue umbrella and under the night sky, the color of the umbrella seemed especially dark.