Chapter 24

Chapter 24

When the wedding reception started, Su Le originally wanted to sit together with Two Two and Xiao Shuang but by the time she found the two of them, their table was already full. Her eyes wandered around the room. She wasn't sure which table she should sit at instead.

"QiQi, you came in too late," Zhou Shuang opened up a celebratory sweet and beamed, "You know the saying, people are full just by looking at a beauty. I'm sure you'll be fine even if you don't eat the celebratory feast today."

"You two really like to make people angry," Su Le glared at them hatefully and bitterly. She then planned to find a random table to sit down and didn't see Zhou Shuang and Li Yu Xiao's eyes suddenly perked up with interest.

"Su Le, why are you still standing around?" Wei Chu went to Su Le's side. Seeing that there were no empty seats near Zhou Shuang and Li Yu Xiao, he spoke again, "You can sit together with me. You don't know anybody else here so it may be a little awkward for you to eat with others."

There was a possibility that Wei Chu was sitting at the main table so Su Le bluntly refused his offer, "There's no need for the trouble, I can just find somewhere to sit down." Seeing through her thoughts, Wei Chu explained, "I'm not sitting at the main table. My seat's at a different table, just follow me."

Seeing the other party being so keen to help her, Su Le felt that she should not refuse him any further. She followed Wei Chu from behind. As for which table she sat at, she wasn't sure about that either.

"His sight is set on Su Le," Two Two said as she cracked open a peanut, "It's a pity that QiQi has no reaction at all, she is no doubt a natural in being foolish, ah!"

"If she is foolish, then others are stupid," Xiao Shuang said quietly while popping open a melon seed, "Pigs may seem foolish, but they can take down a tiger if needed, so even if she is truly foolish, it all depends on that handsome guy's ability. Even when he doesn't succeed, he can only work harder."

"Watching a play is not virtuous," Two Two rolled her eyes.

"A thousand years ago, women without talents are said to be virtuous. I already lacked virtue ages ago so it doesn't matter if I lose anymore of it," Xiao Shuang smiled while eating the melon seeds. Her smile was appropriate and very good-looking.

On the other side, Su Le followed Wei Chu to another table. As she sat down, she felt like she was being sized up by a few others from the table. Su Le felt uneasy. She also retracted her hand that was about to get some celebratory sweets.

"Xiao Chu, who may this lady be?" A woman in her early forties smiled as she looked at Su Le. She looked up and down at Su Le a couple of times as if she was a rare type of flower. Then, her eyes revealed her emotion that could only mean satisfaction.

Wei Chu coughed dryly before introducing Su Le, "Mother, this is my junior from university."

Su Le's lips lifted and she greeted, "Auntie." Wei Chu's mother looked really young as Su Le twitched uncomfortably. Although this was not the main table, it was improper for her as an outsider to sit at the table together with the bride's relatives.

"There's no need to be courteous, you are Wei Chu's friend and also our younger generation. No need to feel reserved," Wei Chu's mother said in a friendly tone to console Su Le when she noticed her uneasiness. She then enthusiastically introduced the rest of the people seated at the table, from aunts, brothers and cousins. They were all part of the family.

Su Le greeted all of them awkwardly. In her mind, she wished she could jump up and escape since the pressure of sitting at this table was too much for her to bear.