Chapter 25

Chapter 25

If Su Le were to speak of her useless father, the large majority of the women present would surely grit their teeth and send their condolence.

Before Su Le's mother reached her twenties, she married Su Le's father, who travelled away from home to make money before even a year had gone by. And when Su Le was born, Su Le's father never returned.

By the time Su Le was able to eat, her mother found out that her husband had a mistress outside. When everyone thought that Su Le's mother would make a fuss, they were surprised by the way she responded to the event for all she did was hire a lawyer to conduct the divorcement procedure and gain payment for the child support she deserves. Also, she did not act like those female leads in dramas where they would secretly cry her heart out. Su Le's mother was an optimistic woman. She ended up opening a store and bought pretty clothes and nice food like normal. The only problem was that she never went to find another husband again. She was a capable woman. All on her own, she opened up a small clothing factory and the business was not doing badly so she sold the factory two years ago when she felt she could relax a little. At present, she had started a Shu embroidery workshop and hired a few female employees. She was now able to pa.s.s her days comfortably and would occasionally meet up with her friends to travel, visit a spa, or play mahjong. It was impossible to even see a hint of suffering in her a woman.

When the locals talked about Su Le's mother, their first impression was of how capable she was and the second was that she was a enviable woman who lived a carefree life. Only at the end would they remember that Su Le's mother was a divorcee.

According to Su Le's mother's wise words, a woman does not need to rely on a man to live well. Success is relied on one's own ability and not based on a man's confirmation.

Thinking about her mother who recently went to Lugu Lake for a trip, Su Le looked at Wei Chu's mother helplessly, "I got a call from my mother a few days ago. She said she joined a travel group to visit Lake Lugu. My mother is the type who actively seeks activities to occupy her free time."

Mother Wei had originally wanted to change the topic as she was worried that Su Le might have some family issues that she would want to keep to herself, but after listening to her mentioning only about her mother, Wei Chu's mother reacted with a smile at Su Le before carrying on the conversation.

Wei Chu knew about Su Le's family situation but he never thought that Su Le would be so open minded about it. Then, he suddenly felt that Su Le had always been that way, she was one who would let herself live even better and not let anything weaken her. Whoever was able to move this type of woman's heart must really be a very fortunate person.

After a while, it was time for the bride and groom to toast with the guests. There was also a person following behind the couple recording their every movement on camera.

Xiao Yao went to her relatives table. It was unnecessary to introduce themselves as everyone on the table would recognise each other. The bride glanced around and was surprised when she saw Su Le standing next to her older cousin's side. And so, she introduced Su Le to the groom, "This is Su Le. We usually don't meet up often so you might not recognize her since you've never seen her before."

"h.e.l.lo," the groom guessed that the woman, standing next to his cousin-in-law, was probably one of Xiao Yao's writing friends. He smiled and did a greeting before toasting again.

Xiao Yao took a peek at her cousin and she beamed. Looking at the situation, it seems that her cousin must be interested in QiQi. But thinking back to QiQi's usual valiant arguments, Xiao Yao gave Wei Chu a look of sympathy. Although unfortunate, it seems that his path ahead would be like a mountain road with eighteen twist and turns.