{Chapter 20: Soju & Dare}

"ARGH! No!"

I laugh to myself. A sour expression appears at Hueningkai's face right after drinking a shot of pure lemon. That's what he gets for refusing to answer who his first crush was. But my laughter quickly dies down when I find the bottle pointing towards me.

All eyes turn to me, awaiting my question and answer. This feels so familiar, it's scaring me. I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. If I chose truth, I'm pretty sure they'll ask me about him, but I also can't choose dare with him here, it's way too risky. I chose the former. "Truth."

"Will you give Soobin-hyung another chance?"

Hueningkai runs to the other side of the room after the question leaves his mouth. I stare at him with my mouth ajar and so do a few other people, but the kid just beams a smile back at me. I chew on my lip, debating my inner self whether I should answer that question or not. 

Actually, what a silly question that was. They're asking the wrong kind. I stare at the small glass and bottle in front of me. Ms. Chae and a few staff refused to answer their question, thus the half-empty bottle. Well, here goes nothing.

I make a face as the drink burns the back of my throat. I did not expect this to taste this way. My cough drowns the cheers of the people at the back of my head. I turn to my side and catch Soobin looking at me with concern. I clear my throat, gaining back my cool composure. I spin the bottle.

"AHHH! Taehyun!" Yu-cheol squeals, pointing at the clueless guy. Taehyun, whose lips form into a cute O, points a finger to himself, as if asking Me? I laugh out loud, the alcohol probably getting into my system.

"Dare." Taehyun confidently states. He places both hands on his hips and Yu-cheol looks up, thinking of a great dare.

"I dare you to... seduce someone with the same gender!" She laughs as if there's no tomorrow.

Taehyun's head turns to Hueningkai, whose eyes immediately went wide. I force myself not to giggle as Taehyun smiles with mischief and winks at Hueningkai. He attacks him with finger hearts. "Saranghae!"

"No! Get away from me!" Kai stands up and scurries towards the other side of the dorm, but Taehyun follows the poor kid. The cute scenario between the two maknaes sends the whole room into laughter. Taehyun awkwardly shouts behind Hueningkai. "I will love you forever!"

Yu-cheol, still amused, spins the bottle. Her annoying laugh halts gradually as the bottle twirls to a stop. It points to the person beside me, meaning, it points to Soobin. I hear his deep voice as he answers. "Truth."

A male staff blurts out. "Is it true that you cried for three days and refused to eat when your ex-girlfriend broke up with you?" 

I almost choked on air. It may have come out too blunt, but I don't blame the guy. He's already a bit too tipsy and I heard what soju does to you when you've had too much. It gets me a little curious and I keep quiet for his answer. Is it true?

"She wasn't my ex-girlfriend."

From my peripheral vision, I glance at Soobin. He keeps his head down, staring at the small glass ahead of him. One of the employees guides the male staff out of the living room, probably letting him sleep in his bed, but we keep our focus on Soobin. 

He hesitates, but swigs down the cursed drink anyway. I find myself unconsciously frowning as I watch at his face twist from the bitterness, yet he keeps his cool, reaching out to spin the bottle.

It lands on him once more.

"Truth." Again.

Ms. Chae places her chin over her hand, thinking of a question. It seems that the longer we play this game, the deeper our conversations go. And I'm proven correct. I mentally face-palm as Ms. Chae slurs, "What's your biggest regret?"