{Chapter 17: Seventh Floor}

I am very grateful for my first client, but why out of all places does it have to be Seoul? The place that I've been trying to forget for three whole years.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Mom asks through the phone. Now, we're at the baggage claim. Ms. Chae seems pretty occupied, combing through the crowd to find her bags. I sigh as my eyes look at my surroundings. Banners and announcements typed in Korean are everywhere. It's been a while.

"I'm fine. I'm going to be fine." I reassure her. "I mean, it won't be easy, since this place really left a scar in me."

"And what about..."

Mom doesn't finish, but I know what is on her mind. Soobin. God, I haven't heard or thought of that name in years. I smile, but it quickly fades. "I-It's not like I'll cross paths with him. Besides, he could be anywhere right now."

"I know, but..."

"Mom, I have to go. Ms. Chae found her bags." I grab my backpack and ready my luggage. Ms. Chae tilts her head towards the Arrival area, and I nod in response. I turn to my phone. "I'll call you when we get to the hotel."

I hang up and turn at my heels to follow Ms. Chae. Shortly after, we reach the Arrival and I find it strange that there are so many people. At the corner of my eye, I see a guy holding up a signage with SoKor Classics printed on it. That must be our driver.

I open my purse to drop in my phone and I grunt in frustration as some reckless girl sweeps past through me, making me drop my phone. I crouch down to pick it up, and I nearly jump when I hear multiple screams. No, they aren't scared... more like, excited. I continue walking, but then I stop to a halt.

I sniff a bit. That scent. Where have I...

"From now on, you'll start using the black one."

I look around, desperate to see him, but in return I was dragged around by the crowd. Thank goodness. Ms. Chae grabs me out of the mob of squealing fans. She lifts an eyebrow. "What were you doing in there?"

I straighten the non-existent wrinkles in my skirt. I look back at the passing crowd. There were too many people to even recognize someone. I turn to Ms. Chae. "Nothing. I thought I... Nothing."

"Then let's go." She waves her hand at me. "The clients are probably on their way to the studio."

We enter a polished black van. The ride is evidently awkward. Ms. Chae is on her phone the whole time, while I keep quiet. The scent hasn't completely left me alone and it's still boggling my mind. I try to listen to Ms. Chae's conversation with the client to take my mind off of it.

"The clients' profiles? Yes, I have it with me." She says, phone pressed between her ear and her shoulder. She takes a file from her bag. "We'll be there by 1:00. Okay. See you there." She hangs up.

"Clients?" I blink. "So my first clients are how many exactly?"

"Five." She stretches out her arms with a satisfied grunt. "Ugh, we've been travelling for 24 hours. I can't wait to get this done already. I'm sure they'll love your outfits."

"They're a K-Pop group, aren't they?" I ask and Ms. Chae answers with a lazy nod. "What's their name?"

"Um," She looks up, thinking hard. Yet, she shrugs in defeat. "I don't know. I forgot. We'll check the files later on."

We turn to a corner and see a huge building looming over us. This must be it. This must be the studio. We entrust our luggage to the driver inside the van, only bringing our handbags and files. We enter the place and once we get in, a lady in the counter greets us with a warm welcome.

"Hello! You two must be from SoKor Classics!" The lady smiles at us. She instructs us to take the elevator to the 7th floor, where the studio as well as the dressing room is located.

"Thank you." I bowed instinctively. I'm glad to know that I still have some Korean left in me.

I step inside the elevator after Ms. Chae and press the button with the number 7. I stare at myself from the reflection on the metallic walls. The digital screen in front of us displays 2, meaning we've reach past the second floor. A soft tune plays in the background, and the melody is interrupted by the ringing from Ms. Chae's phone.

She hands over the files to me, as she searches her bag for her phone. It sounds like she's talking to the clients' manager. Out of boredom, and curiosity, I flip the file open. 

We reach the third floor.

BigHit's logo is embedded on the corner of the page, and it seems that they're doing a variety show for a K-Pop group named TXT... Oh, wait. Tomorrow X Together. I turn a page. 

We reach the fourth floor.

My eyes widen at the profiles. These names, these pictures—they're all so familiar. Then the memories come pouncing back to me, as if someone let them loose out of a cage. Kang Taehyun, Choi Beomgyu, Choi Yeonjun, Huening Kai, and Choi Soobin. His words echo through my mind as if he has only said them yesterday. "I auditioned for BigHit Entertainment! I got in!" I watch the screen change numbers. 

We reach the fifth floor.

No. No. No. This can't be. Out of all the K-Pop groups out there, I'm assigned here. Is this a joke? Did Ms. Chae set this up? But that's impossible, I never told her about Soobin. Her loud chatters drown out the fast thumping of my heart. I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself sane. Wait, what's that scent? 

We already passed sixth floor.

DING! The elevator door opens. I ball my fists to keep my tears from falling as a pair of familiar eyes stares back at me. 

We've reach seventh floor.