{Chapter 5: At 12:00}

"I hate you," I glare at Beomgyu's non-existent face on the screen of my phone. I shut my eyes, a smile creeping up my face. I squeal, "Thank you!"

It's been a few hours since Taehyun's crazy party. I ended up ignoring Soobin for the rest of the party, because I obviously couldn't handle the awkwardness. He walked me to the bus stop, he sat beside me though, and he looked back at me when he's about to get off. I wondered what he was going to tell me, but he just shook his head slightly and walked away. This dare is killing me.

I sneaked back at the house, and thank goodness my parents are already asleep by the time I came home. They didn't even notice I was gone. Now, here I am sitting on my bed, with no intention of changing my clothes. I press the end call button and throw my phone behind me. I hear it land with a soft thud on the bed. I let myself fall on my back.

Thoughts go racing in my mind; the party, the dare, Soobin— especially Soobin, occupies 99% of my brain. There's just no way I could sleep. Not in this state of mind. I search for my phone once again with my right, and the moment I lay my hand on it, the screen pops up a new notification.

Unknown Number
It starts at 12 AM.
Seen

I read the text over and over again, but it just doesn't makes sense. My fingers dance over the screen as I type my reply.

Uh, who's this?
Seen

It takes a few minutes before my phone lights up and displays the new message.

Unknown Number
Your "boyfriend". The dare starts at 12.
Seen

Once the information sinks in, I jolt right up on my bed right away and place the phone to my chest. It's Soobin! I have so many questions running through my mind right now, like: How did he get my number? Is this really him? How do I know it's really him? But that moment, I choose to squeal like a dying mouse at the fact that I have Soobin's phone number. I immediately save his contact info.

Soobin? Usually when people text other people, they introduce first.
Seen

I lay down on my bed, removing my denim jacket and throwing it someplace in the room. Gee, I really have this habit of throwing things. I wrap myself up in my comforter and force myself not to fangirl as the screen lights up.

Soobin 💕
I guess I'm not like most people.
Seen

You are most certainly not. I type in a few words before erasing them and start over again, but I end up erasing them again. Then an idea pops into my mind.

We need photos or "evidence" as Beomgyu suggested, right? So what's the plan?
Seen

Soobin 💕
I don't have anything to do tomorrow. Do you maybe want to go somewhere?
Seen

I blink. Never in my whole life did I think that Soobin would ask me this question. And now it's right in front of my face. I glance at the clock on my wall. It ticks to 12:01. So it begins. My smile falls slightly. Right. Remember, it's only a dare. It's only pretend.

I shake my head out of negative thoughts. Right now I'm his girlfriend, real or not. And right now that's all that matters. To me, at the very least.

Sooo are you asking me out on a date then?
Seen

Soobin 💕
I guess I am. Can I call you? It's easier for me to ask that way.
Seen

I stare at the last one blankly. He's going to call me. He's going to call me. He's going to call me. He's going to call me. He's going to call me. He's going to call me. He's going to call me.

I nearly throw my phone the moment it vibrates. I wait for a few rings, so I don't look like I'm looking forward to it a lot, which I actually am. I clear my throat and press Answer.

"Hello?" I called out. There's no response. I repeat. "Hello, Soobin?"

"Oh, sorry." I can hear the smile through his voice. "It's just nice that your voice is the first thing I heard today."

My breathing hitches as my heart skips a beat. Damn, he is good. That actually takes me a while to recover. I laugh at his remark.

"Gosh, you always make me blush so much." I answer, both as my comeback as well as a confession. My back is cold and my palms are sweaty. I'm pretty sure all the heat in my body left and relocated to my face.

I hear his glorious laugh on the other line. I cannot believe how comfortable he sounds. A part of me is amazed how good of an actor he is. He clears his throat. "Well, do you want to go out tomorrow— I mean, later. It's already morning."

"Of course," I say, playing with a strand of my hair. "As long as I'm with you, anywhere is fine."

I don't recognise myself at this point. I sound so chill and flirty as I try to act comedic, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't ignore the pang in my heart every time I think that... everything I say is mostly true. I notice that Soobin had gone quiet, then he spoke up.

"How about an amusement park then?" He asks. "My treat."

"Sounds good." I laugh. "Oh, wait. Were you serious?"

"I am." The sound of his voice just sends electricity to my spine. "We need evidence, remember? And stop staying out of character."

"Oh, right."

"I'll see you at the bus stop before lunch." He decides. "Now get some sleep."

"Okay, I'll see you there." I dim the lamp on the counter and pull the blankets over my head.

"Good night."

"Good night." As if on cue, a yawn escapes my lips. "I love you."

My eyes close and my voice echo through the back of my mind. I love you.

I love you.

My eyes flutter open in an instant. What the fudge did I just say?! I look at my phone, he still hasn't hang up. It means... HE HEARD IT. As my anxiety eats away whatever dignity I have left, I hear him say three words before hanging up.

"I love you."