{Chapter 8: 11 Questions}

It was already 2:30 the moment we finish eating noodles and bread. We watched a movie called Hotel Transylvania, and despite my disinterest for kids' movies, I really enjoyed it. Throughout the whole movie though, I couldn't help but look at the clock over and over again.

The credits roll on, while Soobin stretches his arms. I look at the screen on my phone. It's already fifteen minutes past four. I guess this day will be over soon.

To make most of the remaining time, Soobin and I decides to play 10 questions. It's kind of like 21 questions, but since I need to go home by 5:00, so we shortened it to ten. He went first.

"If you had a power, what would it be and why?"

"Hmm. Tough start, huh?" I say. "If I had a power, I would chose to... make food appear out of nothing!"

He laughs. "Is food the only thing in your mind?"

"Or paintbrushes." I add. "I always lose them. I don't know why."

"Oh, wow." He looks at me with wide eyes. "You can paint? You should let me see your work."

My mind instantly wanders to my sketchbook filled with sketches of Soobin. I laugh, trying to mask my nervousness. No way. "Um, you'd rather not see it. They're ugly! No— actually they're handsome! A-And no fair, that's already two questions! You lose a turn!"

Until finally, we make it down to the last question. I place my finger on my chin, thinking of a great question to end the game. Well, there is one I've been meaning to ask. "What was your first impression of me?"

He purses his lips into a thin line. Honestly?"

"Brutally."

He looks up, like he always does when he thinks. "Um, to tell you the truth, when I first met you I thought you were boring."

I cross my arms at him, but he raises up his arms innocently. He continues. "Two years ago, you were always so quiet and you never speak during class hours. And when lunch break comes, you only talk to Beomgyu."

"Hey! I also talk to the guys!" I defend myself. He just laughs. "Well, all but Hueningkai, we're not so close."

"I thought you were mad at me."

"What? Why?"

"You wouldn't talk to me."

It was my turn to laugh. You dense idiot. Half of the time I get too shy to say something to you, because I like you. I muster up all the courage in my body and ask. "But what do you think about me now?"

He smiles. "Well, you're not so boring after all."

Ouch. That's the best he could think of? I place my hand on my chest, pretending to be shot. I fall backwards and land on the sofa. Then he speaks up.

"You asked an eleventh question, I'll ask one too." He says. I nod, urging him to go on.

"Since this isn't exactly the date I had in mind," He scratches the back of his head. "Do you, maybe, want to hangout again... tomorrow?"

"Oh." It's all that I could say at the moment. His words were still registering in my mind. Oh!

"But not as a— a part of the dare!" He quickly adds. "This time. Like, you know, friends?"

Friends. My heart skips a beat, but suddenly the piled books on my desk pops up in my mind. I had already sacrificed my Friday and Saturday and if I were to go out tomorrow, then there's no way I'm ever going to finish my homework.

"I can't." I say and his expression falls. Then I immediately add, "Not tomorrow, at least."

"That sounds great." He grins again, showing off those dimples. "I'll walk you to the bus stop."

A bus arrives shortly after we get there. Perfect timing. I take a step inside, but I've been meaning to ask Soobin a question and I just want to take if off my chest. I look back.

"Did you mean it?"

His eyes widen. "What?"

"Last night. What you said..." I blush as his voice replays in my mind. I love you. "Did you mean it?"

A laugh escapes his lips. "No, silly. Isn't it a part of the dare?"

My heart stops at his reply, but I laugh anyways. "R-Right. The dare. Just making sure we're on the same page."

I enter the bus. "Who knows? You could've fallen in love with me, right?"

The bus doors close and the engines start. I find a seat and lets out the breath I didn't know I've been holding.

Okay, self. You heard the guy. You two are just friends. Friends. Ugh, just thinking about that word makes me want to cry.

I thumped my head on the chilly glass windows. "What was I even expecting?"

But that's alright! At least now you have no more room for false hopes or daydreaming! After two long years of wondering what he thinks of you, today you finally found out. Deal with it.