{Chapter 19: Repeat}

Their first show turned out to be their first win. To my surprise, they performed a familiar song. The one I played in the car the other day, I think. I find out that the title is Crown, but the concept was different. Definitely not what you are thinking. I am in no way related to that song... am I? We'll never know.

Multi-colored confetti showers over their head, and from the backstage, I can't help but smile. They've been wanting this for years and finally their dream comes true. The five leaves the stage, shocking the staffs. Including me, to be honest. They rush towards us, arms widely stretch out for a hug. Of course I can't resist my best bud, Beomgyu.

I look over his shoulder and what I see crushes my already-shattered heart pieces into dust. Soobin grins, wrapping Yu-cheol's petite frame around his arms. Her face displays an equally shocked look, but she beams a smile back at him. I haven't even notice Beomgyu leaving, until the two separates, snapping me back into reality.

Soobin, still laughing, turns to me. His laughter dies down gradually as he meets my eyes. I want to look away. I want to turn my back and ignore him. I want to, but instead, I just stare at him. It seems that I've lost the ability to control my own body. To make it less awkward, I speak up. "Congratulations."

He smiles, looking down for a moment but still in the end, his eyes locks into mine. He holds up the cute silver trophy, beside his face. "We did it."

The sincerity in his voice just makes me feel bad. I want to tell him that I am so proud of him. If I was still his girl, maybe I would've kissed him. Okay, now that makes me uncomfortable. Why did I have to think about that? Still, out of all the things I want to tell him, all I can manage to say is...

"Good job." I'm pathetic.

I turn back to save myself from embarrassment, and as if on cue, Yeonjun shouts from behind. "Okay everybody, let's party!"

The venue is the guys' dorm. I'm pretty sure this used to be the living room, but somehow they managed to remove everything and cram them all up in one room. It's not too big, but spacious enough to accommodate the whole staff. Streamers drape around the ceiling and a banner with the words Congratulations TXT! hangs in the center.

And the table, oh, just the sight of the food made my mouth water. I haven't even had lunch yet, so everything on the table shines in the spotlight. Except for the corner, that has green bottles line up to neat columns. I grab a piece of fried chicken, tteoboki—how I missed this—and a familiar looking beef stew. I'm not sure where I've seen it before, but it seems delicious.

Everyone else is standing, chatting with each other but since I'm still new and Ms. Chae is nowhere to be found, I sit on the sofa and munch on my food. They're all so tasty, but the beef stands out to me more. Then I take a bite, like taking in a memory that plays back into my mind.

I remember! Soobin loves making this! He used to trade my tuna sandwiches so I'd get a good meal and it would be easier for him to eat and read at the same time. I smile at the distant memory. I guess some things don't change.

From the corner of my eye, I see Yu-cheol and Soobin talking. I stab a broccoli with my fork. I wish Ms. Chae is here, but as if the universe is listening to me, the door slams open.

"You're seriously not going to start the party without me, are you?" She chuckles. She lifts her sunglasses and meets my eyes. "There you are!"

But before she even takes a step, one of the staff raises a green bottle and shouts. "Let's play a game of truth or dare!"

The color drains out of my face. Oh, no.

Ms. Chae walks forward and drags me towards the center. A few joins in too. Ms. Chae probably thinks this will take my mind off Soobin, but she doesn't know that this is the freaking cause of everything!

Is the universe playing some kind of prank on me? It's like history is repeating itself. I look at Beomgyu, who has the same shocked look plastered on his face. He mouths, You okay? And I shrug. To be honest, I don't even know anymore.

"Everybody set?" Yeonjun counts the seven of us.

"I'll join." A deep voice echoes from the living room. I hold the temples of my forehead. This is just giving me a massive headache. Can this get any worse?

Soobin sits next to me. They both do. Him and Yu-cheol. 

Oh, wait. It can.

"For every Truth, you have the privilege to pass, but," An older staff stands up, declaring the rules of the game. "You have to take a shot of soju, and for our babies, sour lemonade. Is everyone in?" He turns to Taehyun and Hueningkai.

"I'm in." Soobin says. I try not to look shocked, especially since he once told me his disgust for alcohol. I guess other things changed over time, too.

I mentally sigh. "Let's do this."