The New Girl

Percy's POV

I woke up this morning thinking it was just another day at Camp Half-Blood. I was wrong. When I walked out of my cabin the whole camp was buzzing. What was happening? I asked Connor Stoll what happened, he said a girl made it to camp in the middle of the night injured and barely alive. Wow, a new camper. We haven't gotten very many since the war with Gaea, I wondered to myself.

"Hey, seaweed brain"

I turned around to see my beautiful girlfriend staring at me with the her stormy gray eyes. "Hey, wise girl. Going to breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah, walk with me?" She asked, with a look that said 'what a dumb question.'

I couldn't say no so I hooked my arm with her's, making Annabeth laugh. We were talking about whether or not the Hephaestus cabin could beat last year's firework show, for the Fourth of July, when all of a sudden Will Solace came running up to us, panting and gasping for breath.

"Will, what's wrong?" I asked, worry seeping into my skin.

He tried to catch his breath and said, "Come...with me." Then he turned and ran, forcing us to run after him in bewilderment.

As we got close to the infirmary Annabeth asked in a very worried tone, "Will, what's going on?" He answered by opening the door to a room in the infirmary, showing us a girl I had never seen before. She was sitting up in the bed with a bandage around her head. She had long, brown, curly hair, dark brown eyes, and a dark tan that made it seem like she spent all her time in the sun. When she looked at me it seemed like she somehow knew everything about me. I don't know why, but it was unsettling.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Allisa Jenkins. You two must be Percy and Annabeth, it's nice to meet you." Allisa extended her hand out to us in what I could tell, was a gesture of good will.

"She asked for you two by name," Will whispered in mine and Annabeth's ears. I turned to him and Annabeth hit me, telling me to acknowledge the girl sitting in front of us. I took her hand and shook it, she had a strong grip, which surprised me cause she was in the infirmary and I wasn't expecting her strength to be, well... strong.

"Hi," I said, " Yes, your right I'm Percy and this is my girlfriend Annabeth, it's nice to meet you too." I looked at her and said, "So what happened? How did you get here?" Annabeth elbowed me. "What?" I asked.

"Your being rude," she replied.

"It's okay, Annabeth," Allisa jumped in. "He wasn't being rude. He's just curious. I got attacked by a monster on my way here, got scraped up a bit but I'mma be okay."

"Like Hades you will, you've got a concussion, a bite mark on your shoulder that made you loose a lot of blood and that knife wound in your leg is poisoned. Your lucky to be alive," Will said, angrier than I thought was necessary.She looked at me as if saying 'can you believe this guy?' 

"I'm fine Will," she said as she got up and limped over to Will to push him out of the room. "Now, I'm gonna talk to these guys, you can come back later."

"No, I'm-" Will started, but was cut off by Allisa slamming the door in his face and locking it so he couldn't come back in.

"Was that really necessary?" Annabeth asked.

"Yes, I needed to talk to you guys alone," Allisa stated flatly.

"About what?" I asked.

"About the fact that Camp Half-Blood is in danger and none of you even know about it, it's sad really." She stated in a bland tone.