CHAPTER 8 "BACK ON HER TRACK"

HINDI mapigilan ni macky na mapabuntong hininga. She can't focus to the meeting, okupado ang utak niya sa nangyari kanina nang dumating sila dito sa subic. Alam niya na si Lucian talaga ang nakita niya pero ng ipikit na naman niya ang kanyang mga mata si dean na ang nakita niyang nakatunghay sa kanya. She even utter the name of Lucian.

"Ms. Scarlet?" napatingin ako kay Mr. Young "Are you okay?" tanong niya saakin.

"Ahm.. yeah Im okay" tapos ngumiti ako sa kanila.

"Are you sure?" may pagdudua paring tanong ni Mrs. Uy.

"Yeah.. Don't mind me. Let's back to the topic" sabi ko naman sa kanila at tumango lang sila. She have to focus on this meeting. This is a big investment to her company.

She discussed the mechanics of her business proposal to them. She persuade them to invest to her new project to build which is a condo unit that near to subic bay yacht.

After the meeting Mr. Young and Mrs. Uy agreed to her business proposal "Thank you so much Mr. Young and Mrs. Uy" tapos nakipag shakehands na ako sa kanila.

"You're the best Ms. Scarlet. You never fail us to amuse about your business strategies" puri pa saakin ni Mrs. Uy.

"I agree. I'm even so proud to her for being the Philippines Youngest Self Made Businesswoman. I'm so impress" nakangiti ring puri saakin ni Mr. Young.

"Thanks for the complement! So it's a deal?"

"It's a deal" sabay pa nilang bigkas.

"Thank you again Mr. Young and Mrs. Uy. Until such time I will see you again for this project" Pagtakatapos ay umalis na sila sa restaurant na pinag meetingan nila.

Napabuntong hininga nalang siya ulit. She have to focus to her business.

What happen to you macky? This is not you anymore? Your softy and god!! You are back to macky the softy woman!! You have to back on your track!!

You have to focus on your goal! Pabababagsakin mopa si Lucian! Your strong wag mong sayangin ang panahon na ginugol mo para lang sa isang emosyong nabubuo jan sa puso mo para kay dean! Think! Dean is just your bodyguard nothing more nothing else! Hindi mo dapat siya pagkatiwalaan. Hindi mo pa siya gaanong kakilala! Be macky the strong woman again!!

Napaisip nalang siya sa mga katagang sinisigaw ng utak niya. Tama nga naman kaylangan na niyang bumalik sa dating siya. She have to be back on her track.

But why?

Bakit ganito ang puso ko? Bakit nakaramdam ako ng sakit sa isiping babalik ako sa tratong maging malamig kay dean? Why?

Use your brain not your heart. Emotion is toxic it can kill you. You have a goal, so you should have to stick to your goal.

I sigh! Right! I have to stick to my goal. To have my herencia que florece necklace back.

She was back to her senses when her phone rang. Its dean, he's calling.

I grab my phone and answer his call "Yes?" I answer coldly. Second pass, dean doesn't talk back. "Dean? Still there?" I ask him.

"Ahm.. yeah sorry. I just want to say we can't go back to city. Its already dark" he informed.

"No worries. We can stay here. I already book two rooms. By the way come inside, let's take our dinner" sabi ko sakanya sabay baba ng phone. I know Im being rude but I have to do this.

Minutes later dean got inside to the restaurant. He walk towards me with no emotion expressing on his face. This is him, the true dean. Nagiwas ako ng tingin sa kanya. Naramdaman ko nalang na nakaupo na siya sa harapan ko and I feel his stare para niyang hinahalukay ang kaluluwa ko sa mga titig niya pero hindi ako nagpahalata na naapektohan ako. I grab my phone.