zach herron • homecoming

Start from the beginning

"he had no one else to go with and i felt bad. he's really sweet and he deserves a fun night, so be nice," you told him.

soon zach arrived and you introduced him to everyone. you all got into the limo and drove to your school. it was held in the large gym, decorated from top to bottom.

once you got inside you headed towards the dance floor. during the fast songs you all danced together. zach was a little unsure of himself, but you assured that it didn't matter what he looked like. you spent a lot of time dancing with zach, acting like idiots and just having fun together.

the dj turned a slow song on and nick grabbed your waist, pulling you into him.

"hey, remember me?" he asked.

"what are you talking about?" you asked.

"you've been spending all night with that geek. i'm your date, not that loser," he spat, furrowing his eyebrows.

"he's not a geek or a loser nick. and i'm just being nice," you told him.

"a little too nice don't you think? i saw how he was looking at you."

"nick, you're overreacting. i'm just trying to get him to have some fun."

"then maybe you should take him home with you instead of me," he retorted.

"with how you're acting, maybe i will."

"the fuck?"

"you're acting like such an asshole." you pushed his hands off of you.

"me? you're the one dancing all up on another guy. you're my girlfriend y/n."

"oh my gosh i can't deal with you. come find me when you're done acting like an immature baby."

"i'll probably find you making out with zach," he said.

"are you seriously saying hat right now?"

"i wouldn't be surprised if you cheated on me."

"really? then i guess there's no point in continuing this then huh?" you asked.

"i guess not." he shrugged. you scoffed.

"then we're done."

"fine by me." you slapped his face then stormed off.

you pushed open the doors to the gym and found yourself outside of the school. it was the beginning of november, so it was pretty cold.

you heard the gym doors open and someone scream your name. you saw zach looked in your direction then run up to you.

"what happened back there?" he asked. you wiped the few tears that had fallen from your eyes.

"i just broke up with nick," you said softly.

"then why are you the one crying?" he asked.

"because he was being an asshole."

"oh. i'm sorry. in my opinion, he's always been an asshole." you laughed.

"you're right. i guess i didn't see that 'til now." you shivered and rubbed up and down your arms.

"here, take my jacket." zach took off his suit jacket and wrapped it around your shoulders.

"thank you." you smiled.

"what happened with nick? if you don't mind me asking."

"um...he was just being a dick and accusing me of shit that wasn't true." you scoffed.

"i'm sorry."

"it's okay."

"it's my fault isn't it?" he asked.

"what?"

"i'm the reason nick got upset?"

"well...yeah."

"and you broke up with him because of me?"

"kinda."

"what makes me so special?" he asked. you chuckled and looked into his eyes.

"you're different. you get made fun of, but you're still the same person everyday. you're sweet and loyal, and you always help me with math. and you're adorable, i just wanna squeeze your cheeks and kiss you- i-i mean um..."

"you wanna kiss me?" zach asked. you notice a blush on his cheeks.

"can i?" you asked.

"you can, but i won't be any good at it." he shrugged, nervously laughing.

"well now i'm even more curious." you put your hand on his cheek and connected your lips.

his lips were so soft and smooth. you could tell he didn't really know what to do, but you guided him through it, slowly moving your lips on his. you slowly slipped your tongue into his mouth, making him moan quietly.

his hands wrapped around your waist and you felt a sudden shock through your body. you pulled away and you were both smiling widely.

"y/n, is it always like that?" he asked, his face still centimeters from yours.

"it's never been like that." you chuckled and kissed him again.

*****
a/n
this one's long, but it's so cute ugh.