07; New Jersey

2014 Wheaton, New Jersey
"You still got me pregnant, so you're good at something."

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha Romonaff asked from the backseat of the truck Steve was driving. Katherine was sitting passenger with her feet resting up on the dashboard in front of her.

"Nazi, Germany. . and we're borrowing." He said to Natasha before looking at his girlfriend. "Take your feet off the dash, please." He said. Katherine rolled her eyes, but did as he asked and took her feet down, since he asked her politely.

"Alright, I have something to say, and I don't want you to take it the wrong way, but you also don't have to reply if you don't want to." Katherine said.

"Yes, Kath?" He asked her.

"I know you were a little caught off guard and everything, but you would've thought that was your first kiss since 1945." Katherine said, which made Natasha laugh a little.

"Really?" He said.

"I mean, it wasn't that bad." Katherine said.

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying, but like you said. I was a little thrown off." He said, which made Katherine smile.

"I mean that's fine. No big deal. You still got me pregnant, so you're good at something." Katherine said, which made Natasha laugh even harder. Steve shook his head as he continued to drive, and according to the cordinates they received, they ended up at an old Army camp.

"This is it." Steve said, he had his shield on his arm. Katherine had her baton and gun strapped to her thighs just in case, and Natasha also had her gun in case she needed it.

"The file came from these coordinates." Natasha said as they approached the gate.

"So did I." Steve said. The trio walked further into the camp while Natasha was scanning to get the exact location. "This camp is where I was trained." Steve said. Katherine remembered it all too well.

"Change much?" Natasha asked.

"A little." Steve said, Katherine noticed he stopped and was looking past the flag pole, and she knew what he was remembering. One of the many times he fell behind on the various exercises the soldiers had to do.

"Well, this is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even a radio." Natasha said.

"Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." Katherine said. Steve turned and looked elsewhere, past both of the girls, but they both noticed his look.

"What is it?" Natasha asked him.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." Steve said, as the three approached a stone building. Katherine knew exactly what it was. It was S.H.I.E.L.D. where they started. Her office was down here, next to Peggy. Howard's office was further down away from hers, but Katherine knew exactly where they were. 

She hasn't thought about this place in a long time.

When Katherine turned on the lights, they were greeted by different desk and computers, and a very familiar symbol on the wall. "This is S.H.I.E.L.D." Katherine said.

"Maybe where it started." Steve said, and Katherine nodded her head.

"It was." Katherine said, leading the other two through the door. The room they entered had various empty shelves and more desks. But that wasn't what she was looking at. She looked to the wall, where she knew her picture hung, alongside Howard, Chester, and Peggy.