#beatplasticpollution [3]

If you were to use reusable bags your whole life, you would remove more than 22,000 plastic bags from the environment. Did you here about the shark and the whale who died because they both had pounds of plastic bags inside of them? That's because 13 million tonnes of plastic leak into are oceans every year.

On average we only recycle one plastic bag in every 200 we use, so use up, recycle, or donate your plastic bags!

Plastic straws are made in 10 minutes, used in 20, and remain on the planet forever. No straws means no created waste! I get that plastic straws are fun, but do we really, actually need them? No. Steel straws, however, are safer to use than plastic straws and are BPA free.

BPA stands for bisphenol a and it's an industrial chemical that's been used since the 1960s to make plastic and resins. BPA is found in polycarbonate plastics that are often used in containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles.

This is what mayoclinic.org wrote about BPA and it's negative effects: Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. Additional research suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure.

Doesn't sound so great...

Bamboo straws are also another great option instead of plastic straws. They are 100% natural, chemical-free, washable, and reusable!

Saltwater Brewery in Delray Beach, Florida, has created edible six-pack rings! This means that these beverage holders can be safely eaten by animals that come into contact with them.