Chapter 26|| Evening

|Jungkook's POV|

A month or more have passed, and I am pleased to see that after some hard work me, Alex and Sunmi finally managed to get Jimin eating somewhat reguarly. He eats at least a meal a day, it's not a full meal but it's enough for him to regain his old weight which is the most important thing.

Today, Sunmi suggested that me, Jimin and her should go out for dinner and we both gladly agreed since Jimin needed a break from sitting in the same environment for a while now. We also agreed that me and him will get some time to explain this whole situation as I still didn't know the reason behind Jimin ending up in the state he was in.

On that note, it was already evening and the three of us were on our way to the place Sunmi has found through her phone. Acording to her they had 'great food' even though she never was there herself. We walked into the bar/restaurant, quickly looking around we found a seat, soon after we started to look through the menu to decide what we should have. Of coruse, I was having trouble reading in English so I had to ask Jimin for help and when it came to ordering.. well, I tried.. but Jimin later on poked fun at me how I meddled up my words, thankfully Sunmi saved me by reminding Jimin of the embarassing days between her and him which then made me be able to poke fun at him.

Me and Sunmi ordered curry while Jimin was the only one who decided to order sphaghetti. Honestly, I was craving some pasta but I don't want to look like an idiot while struggleing with a fork. What can I say? I can only eat pasta with chopsticks, I'm fine with other food when it comes to eating with a fork but pasta; only chopsticks.

Overall, us three had a great time talking, eating and in general spending time together. I managed to catch up with Sunmi who also decided to scold me for ever thinking of getting married to someone else than Jimin. Which I had to apologise for through the whole evening, though I'm still pretty sure she's somewhat angry at me.. Right now, we were heading out of the place as we finished eating (of course we paid for the food) and we walked, quietly. Enjoying the night's fresh air at some point Sunmi pulled me back by my sleeve. I looked at her questioningly yet before she looked at me she observed Jimin who hasn't realised I wasn't walking next to him anymore. "What's up?.." I asked quietly obviously realising that Sunmi wanted to talk to me in private. 

She then looked up at me and quietly whispered: "I think you should try talkimg to him now. I'll just say I need to go quickly to the convienience store or whatever." I looked at her a bit uncertain.

"But what am I supposed to say to him? 'Hey can we talk about why you begun not eating and-" I was cut off by a smack around my head from Sunmi.

"Stupid! Of course not! Stop acting dumb and do it. I know you can." She whispered angrily at me and then just walked over to Jimin, and just like she said to me shortly before; she walked away from us to go wherever she wanted to. Of course before she was gone from our field of view she managed to give me a quick glare to make sure I'd start talking to Jimin. 

I keep on forgetting how intimidating this woman can be..

My eyes drifted to Jimin who was aimlessly looking ahead of him. I decided to take things slowly and I smoothly held Jimins hand in mine, he turned to look at me and smiled. I smiled back but I was still feeling quite nervous. "Can we... talk?" I asked starting to feel a bit sweaty. Why am I like this? This shouldn't be that hard.. I'm probably just overreacting.

"Sure, what do you wanna talk about?" Jimin asked not realising the nervousness in my voice, or he just refuses to notice it.

I gulped while taking a deep breath in and out mentally preparing myself as if I'm about to hear something that could ruin my life forever.

I know, stupid..

"Can you finally tell me why did you begun getting so overworked? Why didn't you stop or take breaks?" I finally asked stopping in my tracks making Jimin stop as well.

I felt Jimins hand slipping out of mine as he smoothly hid it in his pocket along with the other one while mine just swung to my side like an abandoned swing. Jimin slowly turned around, his head held low, most likely concentrating on staring onto the concrete path. Silence was present as I waited for Jimins response but it felt like he didn't want to answer that question. "Well uh.." He begun, scratching his neck, "My mom always wanted and expected me to do good in school, and I always tried my best to make her happy, so I worked hard to get good grades." He added. "So when I fell behind I had to do extra work, and it slowly begun to pile up. Even if I had realised sooner what was about to happen, I don't think I would've done anything about it.." He said looking down even more if that's possible.

I sighed thinking about what the smaller guy just said and all I did after was hug him. I could tell he was surprised but I just had to get this one piece of information transfered to him. "Jimin I understand how you must felt about that but I think that your mother would rather prefer her son to stay healthy than always at the top of his grades or whatever." I begun while holding him tight in my arms.

"Yeah but Jungkook-"

"Jimin I think you should quit University." I added silencing this short conversation we had. I shut my eyes tight hoping for the worst reaction but I'm the end, I got none.

__________________________________________

I'm baaaack!~

Anyone missed me? No? Ok ._.

Anyways I seem to have gotten back on track so I hope I can update this book quite frequently all the way up to til the end!

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-Yuka~Chan♡