Part IX: Just getting bi

Beam

“We’re dating,” Forth declared.

I almost choked on air while Phana and Kit’s jaws dropped.

Kit was the first to recover. “Well… Wow. Congratulations, Beamie,”

“How and when did this happen, Beam? You just hiked with Forth for a few hours, and now you’re dating?” Phana was still in shock.

Oh, so the time wasn’t reset, the camping trip actually happened.

“It just sort of happened, I guess.” Forth said while scratching the back of his neck.

“So you like Beam?” Phana glared at me.

“Uh… yes,” I have no choice but to take part of the ridiculous charade with mister best actor here.

“How? Aren’t you straight?”

“He’s Bi,” Forth answered for me.

So Forth is bisexual? Or is this also part of his impromptu story?

“How did it happen, though? You were like cat and mouse,” Kit asked and then looked at Forth with a knowing smile.

Forth just shrugged.

“So, I was right then! The more you hate the more love,” he said and winked at Forth.

I glared at Kit. The fuck is he talking about, I clearly told these two idiots I don’t like Forth.

“Well, since the two of you are dating...” Phana slowly approached me, his gaze not leaving mine. “Forth, I’ve known you long enough, and I know you’re a good guy. But hurt Beam, and I’ll break your neck.”

He said it with a smile, and I was actually afraid. Damn, this guy is really overprotective. Sometimes I feel sorry for Wayo.

“Yeah, sure,” I said.

Forth cleared his throat. “Uhm… Ai...Pha, can we talk about this some other time? We were kind of in the middle of something,”

Kit snorted.

“Yeah, right, you were about to have sex,” Phana said.

“Hey, I said it’s not what it looks like,” I said firmly.

“Next time, lock the door,” Phana said while looking at Forth with a knowing look.

“We’ll talk more later, Beam” he said and patted Forth’s arm.

Great, so this swapping predicament is not the only thing I have to worry about anymore. Now I have to think of things to support this elaborate lie.

“See you,” he said, then he and Kit left.

As the door clicked shut, I shoved Forth a little too hard. “What the fuck are you on?”

“Now, we have to pretend double time!” I added.

“Hey, I think it’s a good idea,” he said. “Pretending to be dating makes it easier for us to be together and watch each other’s back,”

I glared at him. “First of all, I’m not gay. I don’t date guys.”

He just snorted.

“What?!” I snapped.

“That kiss last night was saying otherwise,” he said nonchalantly.

I almost choked on air for the second time.

Oh. My. God.

“What, what, what are you talking about?” I stammered.