Part VI: When you wish upon a...

A/N: Hi!

Forth

The hike to the cave was much faster the second time around. Because of Beam’s foot injury he has to carry me all the way to the mountain. Well, it’s not my fault our bodies switched. He’s in my body now, so he has to carry his own body.

I hear him catch his breath as we walk near the familiar ditch and line of trees.

“You can put me down, now,” I said.

“No, it’s fine. We’re almost there,” he answered. “I realized I weigh lighter than I thought.”

“No chubbs, that’s just me. You know, muscles, endurance…” I teased. “These cheeks are really heavy.” I pinched my cheeks.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. I snorted loudly, I really look that ridiculous? Thank God, I don’t roll my eyes.

“Don’t do that while on my body please,” I begged.

“What?” he glared.

“That, rolling your eyes, glaring, whatever it is that you do,” I explained. “That Beam thing…”

“Beam thing?” he frowned and glared again.

“There, that,” I said. Seeing my face do those expressions gives me goosebumps.

When Beam does that, on his face, he is admittedly... cute. Yes, when he gets mad or angry, I honestly find him really annoying, but cute nonetheless. Like a kitten trying to roar like a lion. He thinks he is ferocious, but in reality he’s just a bratty kitten.  

“Whatever,” he said and dropped me on the ground. I howled in pain as I landed on the injured foot.

“Hey! This is your body, remember?” I scolded.

“Oh... sorry...” he said guiltily. “It was just, I’m not used to having strength like this.”

I let out a deep breath. It’s no use arguing right now, we have to get to the cave as soon as possible. I limped and motioned for him to follow.

He slowly approached me and took my arm on his shoulders, then he hooked his other arm on my waist to support me. Weird... My arm seems to perfectly fit on Beam’s waist, while his arm was comfortably hooked on my shoulder. Our bodies actually felt like they fit together. Or maybe it’s just me. I try to shake the thoughts away.

We walked for I don’t know how long. The surroundings are really familiar, we just can’t seem to find the cave entrance. We both tried to recall it’s appearance, it’s exact location, and how we were able to go there, but to no success.

Then, we found a fallen log, which was weird since we did not notice it before.

We were both tired so we decided to rest.

However, in just a couple of minutes, we hear that familiar sound... Thunder.

“Oh, shit,” he groaned.

“Ain’t this fucked up,” I said.

And again, just like that fateful day, rain started pouring heavily. 

“Well, I guess, this is when we find the cave,” I deduced.

We both stood up to find shelter, and then magically, at a distance, we both noticed it.

“It was not there earlier, I swear!” Beam shouted through the downpour.

We both started to run to the cave’s entrance. Beam holding me firmly as we trudged along the muddy path.