Family Remains- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like a ghost," you sighed. Of course, he wouldn't talk about it now. Why would he?

"Yes, it does," Dean nodded. Sam groaned and rested his head back on the window before closing his eyes. Moving closer to Dean, you rested your chin on your hands which were laid out on the back of the front seat. Dean sighed as he thought about what his brother said, just as you kissed his jaw since that was the only thing you could reach. Pressing one more kiss to his cheek, you patted his shoulder in comfort.

"I love you," you whispered before laying back on the back seat. If he didn't want to talk about it, fine, but you were going to keep telling him that you were going to be there for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost the afternoon when Dean pulled up to the old two-story house. The yard needed to be worked on badly, but you figured whoever moved in next would take care of that. The only thing you loved about it was that it was vacant. The previous owners left, and no one has bought it since which meant an easy job for the three of you.

"Boy, three bedrooms, two baths, and one homicide. This place is gonna sell like hotcakes," Dean said as he walked into the abandoned house. Upon walking into the living room, the brothers checked out the place while you couldn't help but think there was someone or thing watching you. Looking around, your eyes landed on a vent that was stationed on the wall. Sam walked into the kitchen first with his brother trailing behind him, but when Dean didn't see you, he turned to see you staring at the vent.

"Sweetheart, you coming?"

"Yeah," you muttered just as you broke your gaze. Following him into the kitchen, you stared at the disgusting pale yellow on the walls. Whoever owns this house next, you hoped they had better taste. Sam and Dean began checking the cabinets while you looked at the wall. The paint looked messed up, as if there was something behind it. Walking over to it, you ran your hand over the creases in the shape of a large square.

"Hey, check this out," you commented, catching the brothers' attention. Knocking on the square, you figured out it was hollow which meant something was behind it.

"It's hollow," Dean observed.

"It's probably a dumbwaiter. All these old houses had them," Sam explained as he walked away.

"Know-it-all," Dean muttered which made you smile. Sam swiftly turned around since he obviously heard his brother in the empty room.

"What?"

"What?" Dean repeated, looking innocent.

"You said..."

"What?"

"Never mind," Sam rolled his eyes before leaving the room. Dean smirked which made you giggle.

"Dork," you chuckled, following the younger brother into another room. As soon as you walked in, Sam took out his EMF reader to try and get a feel of this place. As soon as he turned it on, the thing went crazy.

"Well, no bloodstains, fresh coat of paint, it's a bunch of bubkes," Dean sighed.

"Needle's all over the place," Sam said. Looking out the window, you saw a bunch of powerlines to charge the isolated houses out here.

"Yeah, power lines," you stated. Sam sighed and turned off the reader before opening a closet door. What he saw made him jump which made you want to go check it out. What you saw sent chills down your spine.

"Well, that's super-disturbing," you stared at the single hairless doll head.

"Think it got left behind?" Sam asked.