2027 - epilogue

A/N I'm not sure I'm going to keep the epilogue this way! I'm still to decide alot of details in the follow on short stories collection I'm writing, so names may change and all that. In the meantime you can still read this epilogue but why dont you go check out my other OneChicago Book: That's why you have back up. Which includes Chicago fire and some Med!
And thanks for reading this Fanfiction, I know Linstead is dead but I enjoy writing it, and it's great to know other people enjoy reading it. 😊
- Bookworm.

"Camille! Can you find Justin we are going to be late!" Erin said as she tried to help Justin's twin with her coat (the zip had got stuck.)
"He said he's not coming" Camille said from the top of the stairs.
Erin groaned. "Please help your Sister while I go find Justin."
"Why can't dad?" She asked.
"Because I've asked you! Now do as you've been told."
"Where is Dad?"
"He went early to help with something!" Erin said. Her patience tested. "Justin Sheldon Halstead! Get down these stairs at once!" She yelled as she climbed the stairs. "I'm not going!" He yelled from his bedroom.
Erin marched into his room and got down to eye level. "We are going to this barbecue and that's final. You will do as you've been asked and go down these stairs. Then you will put your coat and shoes on. Understand?" She said in a firm voice. Justin nodded. And rushed out the room. When his mom used that voice it was scary, She rarely ever used it.

"Glad you could finally join us" Adam said sitting at a fold out table. She shot a Not-Now look at him.
"Hey" Jay said walking from the barbecue. "Who was it this time?" He put his arm round her.
"Justin. He refused to leave the house for whatever reason." She sighed.
"After this I'll talk to him." Jay said.
They had come to their anual get together barbecue, with the guys from Firehouse 51, the Unit (as well as a few others from the 21st) and the guys from med. They aranged it each year so it would be on a day they were all off shift. That proved really difficult.
Erin looked round at everything. The kids all playing different games. There was alot of different age ranges. Hermann's children where 15 and up so they mostly spoke to the adults or each other. Whilest her Kids, Camille , Justin and Jules (julia) played with Kim and Adam's kids. (Alvin and Lexi) as well as their cousins Owen and Rebecca. There were other kids there as well playing in there own groups but occasionally they all joined together in one game.
Erin was Happy. 6 years ago she moved back to Chicago permanently, she moved in with Hank, then she and Jay got back together. They had to talk through alot of things from the past and personal struggles but sharing that is what ultimately brought them together. They had got Married and found a house together and also had Justin and Jules, They legally changed Camille's last name to Halstead because, after all, She was a Halstead . Erin worked as The Unit's administrator for a few years then 2 years ago she joined Patrol. Her Partner had to go through a whole lecture from Jay about Watching out for her ect. It was amusing.
"Hey you lot" Hank said, a beer in his hand.
"Hey Hank." Erin said. Jay nodded in a greeting.
"It's crazy. If you had said 14 years ago this is where we'd be standing and what would have happened. I don't think anyone would have believed it." Kim said. They all murmured in agreement.

Full Names:
Camille Nadia Halstead (9)
Justin Sheldon Halstead (4)
Julia "jules" Samantha Halstead (4)

Alvin Adam Ruzek (4 1/2)
Lexi Julie Ruzek (3)

Owen Jeffrey Manning (11)
Rebecca Dylan Halstead (5)