Chicago - 3 years and a bit prior

Jay Stood outside apartment 310, a 12 pack in his hand. It had been a tough day and he knew Erin would need a drinking partner. Yet at the same time he wasn't sure it should be him. They weren't together after all. No Halstead he thought. There's no harm in trying, plus you know her better than than most of the unit. You'vebeen through alot together. She'll understand.. He'd spoken to her earlier at Molly's and she hadn't seemed okay. She needed someone now- he saw what happened when she tried to deal with it on her own.
He quickly knocked at the door. He was about to chicken out and turn away when the door opened.
"Jay" Erin said, confusion in her Voice, a beer in her hand.
"I thought you would like some more drinks" he held up the pack.
"Thanks." Erin Paused. "Come in."
They walked into the apartment. So many memories flooded back. The first time he stopped by, when Voight had almost caught them, the night's they hooked up, when he moved in... And when he left. He put the pack down and joined Erin on the sofa. They flicked through Channels and eventually landed on a  rom~com. At times they atempted small talk but mostly just say there drinking in silence. Comfortable or awkward silence, it was hard to tell.
"Erin I'm sorry" Jay said at last.
"Not now Jay, can we not?" She said quietly.
Somehow they got talking about the case and that day. "I mean he was just a kid." She teared up.  They'd breifly talked at Molly's and now, a few hours later, they were talking about it again.
"I know" he comforted. They talked a bit more, Erin going from sad to angry. She was getting worked up. "Hey, Hey. It's okay" Jay said, his arm around her, her head buried into his neck. He didn't known what to say but this was the equivalent of what ever comforting thing he was supossed to say.
"Oh great. I'm a mess" Erin said sitting up to face Jay again. "I need something stronger. Come on let's go out"
"Erin. I'm not sure that's the best idea."
"Please" she looked at him with pleading eyes.
He sighed. "Okay but let's take a taxi."

Jay woke up to a pounding head. Light filtered through the curtains. He tried to move his head but this was the worst hangover ever. He knew this wasn't Will's place, those weren't his curtains.
Beside him someone shifted. He did his best to look over.
It was Erin. He groaned. Then groaned silently because it hurt his head. He hadnt ment for this to happen. Or maybe nothing happened. He shifted the covers and looked, he groaned again. Great. He couldnt remember much about the night before. Only that they'd gone out and got extreamly drunk. He hadn't intended to, he was there to make sure Erin was ok but it was his Birthday. Thankfully they took a taxi there and back. He knew they hadnt got back till the early hours of this morning.
Once he felt he could move he attempted to sit up and swing his legs out of bed, the cover still around him. But that only made his head worse. The room spun and he had to rest his head in his hands while he regained his bearings.
Behind him Erin stirred and sighed. He glanced behind to see Erin staring at him. "I'm just gonna get dressed and go." He said very quietly and quickly. He felt ashamed, as if he he taken advantage. He had too much respect for her to do that.
Erin took a moment thinking. "Uh um okay." She said, he eyes all scrunched up. "You know you dont have to go straight away" she added.
"Erin" Hey sighed, as much as he'd love to stay he, again, respected her to much.
"I know. I know. But, just stay for breakfast" she said still squinting, a hand shielding her face.
"Okay." Jay smiled slightly "Just uh, give me a sec. My head really doesn't like me at the moment" He chuckled before wincing "ow"