ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺𝟸

~ Sadie Adler - POV

               I'm camping out near Valentine today, got a lead on a potential bounty that was around here. Member of some cult. Thought maybe I could strike him when everything was said and done. I'm poking at my fire when some man seems to ride up to me. "Can I help you, partner?" I question as I stand from my spot. Hand is always on the gun when it comes to random encounters like this. "Letter for a Sadie Adler?"
"Yeah, that's me." The male hands me a letter which seems to be from an unknown address. Might as well use caution when it comes to this. "Thank you. Be on your way now." I mutter as the male sighs and keeps on going. I open the letter and I'm a bit surprised about who it's from.

Dearest Sadie Adler,

     I'm sure you remember me. There's no doubt in my mind that you do. It's Asher Sanders. It's been a while, 8 years I guess. Been wanting to reach out to you, but I've never needed you till now. Micah Bell came to me today, he beat the absolute fuck outta me in front of my son. He's threatening to kill my family if we do anything stupid, but, I fear as though he would do it even without a reason. Selina... Isn't in the best shape right now to be handling a gun. She's expecting our third child you see? I--- I don't wanna lose her or my family, Nathan, none of them. I guess, I'm asking for your help, Mrs. Adler. I know you've helped me time and time again. I still couldn't thank you enough, even all these years later. I hope you see this in due time. We live just South of Strawberry. If you end up there, just ask for directions to 'Challenger Ranch'.
I hope we get to see you soon, Sadie. My son... He always asks when he'll get to meet you. Guess the present is no better time.

All the best,
Asher Sanders

    I knew at some point I'd locate this boy and his family. It had been years, I mean, obviously I knew they were still in West Elizabeth. I know everything for the most part. But with working and everything in between, I never had the chance to ever go see them. I knew that at this point, Selina had to have had that baby she was carrying when I last saw her. Never thought that they'd go for two more. Well, maybe I did. Selina did talk on how she had brother's and sister's. Figured they would have more than one baby. I wasn't sure how she felt about me after all was said and done now. I guess I might've bragged a lot about me sleeping with her--- Well, I'm assuming husband now. Three times and we was down for the count. My fault I suppose, only time she ever did talk to me was the night we brought him back from almost being hung. All thanks to Dutch or no thanks. I regret telling her about anything, guess in the past I was a little jealous. She was a pretty girl and I'm assuming she still is. Just a few years younger than me and all. Sure things weren't going good if they needed my help. This couldn't wait with this man, I knew I needed to get my ass over there and make sure they was protected and come up with some sort of plan. I had seen John recently too, sure they'd be thrilled to know that the Marston family was safe and so was Charles and Uncle. Things doesn't change, I hoped that maybe, just maybe, the Sanders family was changed in a sense too.

    I ride into Strawberry. Heading into the postal office as I'm looking for the directions like Asher had said in his letter. "Hi there, sir. I'm lookin' for some directions... Maybe you can help me out?"
"Sure, ma'am. Where you lookin' to go?"
"Place called 'Challenger Ranch'?"
"Oh, where the Sander's family lives? Just head south outta here. Not too far from the town. Near Upper Montana River."
"Okay, thank you for your help."

Back up upon my horse I go and I'm off. I couldn't lie, I was a little nervous to meet those children and see Asher and Selina again. It's been ages. It was crazy. Last time I saw them, they was young and full of life. Now, I wasn't sure how they was. Hoping they was still in love with one another and weren't strugglin' to be with one another like John and Abigail sometimes were. If anything, I'd do my best to get them outta this mess, I wanted them outta it anyway since I knew they did deserve a peaceful and easy future. I can see the ranch up ahead and I'm a bit mind blown. Couldn't imagine this was what their life had become, a successful life, beautiful location. God, it was crazy.
Riding on up the path, I spot Luka and Spookey, them damn horses still alive and serving a purpose as they was back in the day. I knew I had the right spot now as I'm hopping off my own horse. I spot a child reading a book on the porch and I'm trying not to spook him. "Um--- Hey there little fella. I'm--- Lookin' for your ma and pa... I'm Sadie Adler? Used to--- Be good friends and family with them?" He has dark brown hair, almost like his mother's, hazel eyes. I could tell this had to be one of Asher's sons.
"You're Aunt Sadie?" He asks as he puts down his book and he suddenly seems to be smiling. "I--- I suppose I am kid. Suppose I am." He's young too, couldn't tell the age but younger than Jack by a long shot.
"I'm Andrew... I'm--- Six!"
"Okay Andrew... It's nice to meet you finally. You are gosh darn cute, tell ya that. Can you please go get your ma and pa?"
He nods his head so quick and he takes off running inside the house. I take a deep breath as I'm prepping to see these two again. Been a while, couldn't tell you why I was so nervous. The boy comes back and I see that goddamn face again. "Asher... See you figured out how to grow a beard."
"Sadie fuckin' Adler."
He comes down the stairs and pulls me into a tight hug and I'm just patting his back just as we used to back in the day. "Nice to see you, Asher. Real nice." I mutter before I look up to see the beautiful brown haired woman he had fallen for all them years ago. "Selina Hinton--- I mean Sanders. Nice to see you again as well, you look great! Another baby huh?" She chuckles before coming down and bringing me into an embrace. "You look good, Sadie. All dressed up for your bounty hunting I see."
"Always.... Let me see that ring of yours. It's a beauty! Did good, Ash. Real good. Eight years married too, that's amazing!" I laugh a bit with her as I'm looking over her engagement ring and her wedding ring. Then I see another small body come out and I can tell right away exactly who this boy is. "Arthur Sanders..." He looks surprised before he even runs up to me for a hug. "Wow... I guess I'm just as known."
"I knew you'd come to help us, Aunt Sadie! I knew it!"
"Eh--- Yeah, kid. You... Wow. Let me get a good look at you." I knelt down to his level before a smile just graces my features. "Your momma's eyes, your daddy's nose and smile. You are something, Arthur. Real something. I remember you when you was still cookin' in ya ma's belly. Your father was real excited back then, as was us all that mattered for you to arrive."
"I know! You saved my pa's life!"
"Many times. Alright--- Well---"
And yet here comes more people. "Nathan Miller and family I see."
"Mrs. Adler." He comes up and here comes more hugs. He introduced me to his wife and his children, who might I say, his son looks just like him and his girl looks more like his wife. It was beautiful to see the life these two men took. They did right. I could tell.

Arthur Morgan would be proud.