Chapter 2

July 20, 2018
"Dennis, Johnny," Mavis called out, "are you boys ready yet?" "Almost!" Johnny called back. "I can't believe Papa Drac's already getting married," Dennis said, "he met Ericka last week!" "I'm as shocked as you are, son," Johnny said as he finished buttoning Dennis's tux. "Alright, let's get going," he said as he picked Dennis up and put him on his shoulder. "It was nice of Winnie and Willie to agree to watch Tinkles while we're at the wedding," said Dennis. If you don't know who Willie is, read Detective Winnie.

"I'm glad I could help," said Winnie as she entered the room, "just remember what you promised me." "Just one dance," Dennis said. "I still can't believe she suckered you into dancing with her," Willie said laughing. "It was the least I could do after you two agreed to watch Tinkles," Dennis said.

Down in the lobby, Mavis was waiting for Dennis and Johnny. When she saw them, she smiled. "There's my handsome young men," said Mavis, "c'mon, the wedding is starting." "Wow, you boys look great!" said Ericka. "Thanks, Grandma," Dennis said, "it's going to take some time for me to get used to saying that." Ericka laughed. You'll get used to it, sweetie," she said as she kissed Dennis on the cheek.