Chapter 7

Today was March 22. The virus was supposed to start two days ago. I suppose whatever this was, was a joke or some prank people decided to do online. Jin watched the TV and anticipated on blinking. I stared at him for a few moments before the teacher came over to us.

"This isn't the time to admire someone," the teacher said, "Minji, I expected more from you."

"W-What?" my face went red.

"I'm kidding," the teacher smiled, "But I want to know if you both hear the sewers."

"The growl-" Jin put his hand over my mouth.

"No," he said, "We haven't."

The teacher seemed flustered, "Alright."

With those words, he went back to his desk and started grading papers or filling them out. I didn't understand why Jin did that, but at least the teacher left. Soon after Jin lowered his hand off my mouth and onto his part of the desk. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I glared as if I was annoyed, but I wasn't.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Why would he randomly ask if he wasn't being suspicious?" Jin answered with a question.

"I guess you're right," I put my head down.

"Anyways," he whispered, "He probably knows what we have on us."

He was probably right. How would someone ask you a suspicious question without being suspicious of what you're carrying. After all, he was eyeing our backpacks. Does he know that we have them kept in our backpacks in case? If he was so suspicious, wouldn't he tell the principal to have everyone search their backpacks in front of them?

-

I walked home securing the knife in my right hand. Jin's mom called him home to help her with something. It was understandable. Taehyung walked me home because he was going to head there anyway. To hang out with Jungkook obviously. I let out a sigh.

Taehyung looked at me as if to say something, but instead looked like he was shocked or confused. Somehow I felt less anxious. It was strange to be stared at by strangers on the street, but that was because of the Santoku. This beauty could probably do wonders, but I wasn't sure.

How would I sneak this in? Knowing Taehyung, he'd probably rat me out to Jungkook. That would be one of the worst things actually. Jungkook would try to manipulate me over it. Saying things like if I didn't do everything for him or whatever, he'd snitch. Hopefully Taehyung wouldn't say a thing though.

"You're not going to tell Jungkook," I said, "right?"

He smiled, "Don't friends tell each other everything?"

I frowned, "What will it take for you to not tell?"

Taehyung didn't say anything, but stopped me in my tracks. He then grabbed both of my hands and smiled. What was this plan of his? I felt a bit anxious as I waited. He stared into my eyes for a moment. His brown eyes somehow sparkled. I gulped. Taehyung then leaned in and kissed me.

I felt my face go red and my eyes widen. What did he just do? Was this a dream that I was in? Was this some game of his? Or was this all real? He stole my first kiss. I couldn't believe this. How dare he! Unfortunately, I didn't say or do anything because I was speechless.

"What the heck?" I yelled and pushed him away.

He had a big smile, "Although you don't like me, I still wanted to kiss you. Ever since first year."

"That's what dreams are for," I pointed the knife at him.

"Calm down," he chuckled, "I'm not gonna snitch."