Chapter 1

It was third period, history class. Everyone had been whispering and chattering. We hadn't been doing much in here. Mostly just current events. We all had to take notes of what was happening that day. The news reporter had been talking about the sewers. Groaning and growling had been coming from them.

As strange as it was, it wasn't fake at all. If the cars weren't on the street and you were quiet, you could hear them from below. Literally everyone heard them, but chose to ignore them. Did I? Of course not. Everyday I walked home, they were there. How could someone ignore them like it was sound effects?

The teacher and I were on the same page about this. I could tell by the way he looked. That anxious laughter and those nervous sweats. He wasn't hiding anything. Maybe everyone else was either hiding how they felt or was in disbelief. Whatever it was, I didn't understand very clearly.

"Minji!" someone called.

"Yeah?" I looked towards them.

"What's wrong with you?" they asked.

"Nothing Jungkook," I sighed.

Jungkook was my twin brother. We weren't identical, but very similar. He was always bugging me for zoning out. It sucked because I could be in real deep in thought and then forget everything.

I felt something pull my braided hair. I quickly turned around.

"Kookie," I yelled, "I swear I will beat you!"

He chuckled, "Calm down."

I frowned, "I'm calm."

-

"You know what?" Jungkook said.

"What?" I took a bite of my sushi.

"You need a tutor," he said.

"For?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Math," he said.

"How come you can't help me?" I frowned.

"I've got my own life," he chuckled.

I rested my cheek on my hand and thought for a while. For once, he had a point. My grade was almost an F anyway. Midterms were coming up in two weeks, too. The thing is who would tutor me? I didn't know anyone smart enough to tutor me except for my own brother.

It was shameful to our parents that one twin was smarter than the other. I mean, it could be normal? I did need to get that grade up before the end.

"Who would tutor me?" I looked at him.

"Who's the biggest nerd you know?" Jungkook asked.

"You," I smirked.

"You're the biggest loser I know," he chuckled.

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes.

"Let's be serious for a minute," he said, "Go in the library. The first one you see studying and eating in there, that's the one."

"Alright," I got up," See ya."

"You're not gonna eat the rest of this?" he looked up.