Chapter 3

I wanted to bang my head on the table after reading about the assignment we had to do. We had partners to do this, too. The objection was to remake Romeo and Juliet in a different way. At first the teacher paired my brother and I up, but soon realized how that'd be a mess.

She looked around the room to see if anyone would switch with me. However, there was a girl named Jaehee. Her and Jungkook got paired together and I was alone for the time being. I could have sworn there were more students in here than this.

It wasn't the worst, but it wasn't the best. Working alone would mean having to wing it when presenting in front of the class. I hated standing in front of people and having to do an act. It was like being an animal in a zoo. Free will with no objection.

Soon a student came in. I assumed they were a hall monitor or something so I began to plan it in my head. The only problem with planning was that I had no Romeo. I chuckled to myself from that thought. Maybe I should draw myself one.

"Jeong," the teacher said.

I quickly looked up. Was I in trouble for not having anything yet? Or was it for chuckling to myself like an idiot? My mood calmed down when I saw Jin next to her.

"Jin is going to be your partner," she patted his back to signal him off.

He came over a bit quickly, "I would've been here sooner if-"

"Jinnie!" Jungkook grabbed his shoulders.

I frowned at his actions. Jin seemed to be annoyed by him, too. For some reason, Jungkook was always bugging him like there was no tomorrow. Not thinking about my actions, I grabbed his wrist as tight as I could and looked him coldly in the eyes.

"Bug off," I said lowly.

Jin looked at me from the corner of his eye and held in a smile. Perhaps it was amusing to him of how I acted. I wouldn't blame him for laughing.

"Jungkook!" the teacher yelled, "Get back to your partner!"

Jungkook chuckled as he rushed back to his partner. I rolled my eyes and turned towards Jin. He was looking at me as if he wanted to say something. We had awkward eye contact for a brief moment. Then I began to talk about what we had to do for the project since the teacher didn't inform him.

"Remake a classic?" he raised his brow, "That's absurd."

"Oh well," I shrugged.

Soon we both decided to brainstorm a few ideas. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of any. Jin had already put five down on his sheet of paper. We agreed to do 10 ideas. Staring at my paper, I bit my lip as I thought.

The longer I took, the worse my brain slowed down. I looked around the room to see if anything would inspire me. Apparently there was nothing to be inspired about nor stuck out at me. People were just sitting with their partners and talking with eachother. No cares in the world.

Somehow my eyes wandered over to Jin. He was looking down at his paper reading the ideas he put down over and over again. He furrowed his brow and then wrote down another idea. A smirk came across his lips and then he shook his head. Jin then looked at me.

"What?" he asked, "Can you not think of anything?"

"Nope," I shrugged.

"We can use one of mine then," he pushed the paper towards me.

I read them carefully and tried to see how they'd go. Jin had ideas that I don't think anyone in here would have thought of. Maybe that's why he's a nerd. Cute.

"What's the misfortune one?" I questioned.

"Let me paint a picture," he paused, "It's the normal version up until the kiss. Romeo confesses his love for her instead. He tells her how beautiful her eyes are and that he would need to be careful to not drown in them."

We locked eyes as he spoke those words. I felt like he was actually speaking to me. I felt my heart flutter a bit.